The Boneyard: Women's basketball national message board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard: Women's basketball national message board

Reaction Score
I love the BY. All of the other msg boards are what I call rant and rave boards, lots of griping little information.
I would like to believe that the BY reflects why the UCONN coaching staff consistently wins: More technical, less emotional. Passionate, still.
Perhaps it's the cold wintery air that hinders emotional fingers. Who knows.

Reaction Score
I would like to believe that the BY reflects why the UCONN coaching staff consistently wins: More technical, less emotional. Passionate, still.
Perhaps it's the cold wintery air that hinders emotional fingers. Who knows.
In the South, we call that CLASS!

Reaction Score
I always like the music posts in the offseason. Fun times.

Very knowledgeable fans on the BY though. Especially when it comes to recruiting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just hoping we get to play UCONN this season. If either of our team make it to NC I am rooting for that team, if we both make it to NC I will be The Big Dogs all the way!
Fixed your post for you :p

HBO161026b228-1024x683.jpg

Reaction Score
Just hoping we get to play UCONN this season. If either of our team make it to NC I am rooting for that team, if we both make it to NC I will be DAWGS all the way!
If you didn't root for Miss St in a match up with Uconn --I'd have no respect for you.
Those that don't cheer for "their" teams are observers not fans. Give my regards to AEH.
I poke fun at ND and cheer for them when they don't play Uconn. Good basketball is good basketball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I love the BY. The BY is unique among women basketball message boards. All of the other msg boards are what I call rant and rave boards, lots of griping little information. The BY has some very knowledgeable posters who obviously love Women Basketball, not just their team, but the sport. I can go to the BY board and get information on a number of teams. The opinions expressed here are very diverse and well thought out. I recognize this is a UCONN board with most of the posters being UCONN supporters and I greatly appreciate the welcoming of non UCONN women basketball supporters. Thank you, BY!
Thank you, thank you for your kind words. I do what I can. I know this post is not just about me though. I'm sure there are others, just can't think of any off the top of my head. :cool:

Reaction Score
I love the BY. The BY is unique among women basketball message boards. All of the other msg boards are what I call rant and rave boards, lots of griping little information. The BY has some very knowledgeable posters who obviously love Women Basketball, not just their team, but the sport. I can go to the BY board and get information on a number of teams. The opinions expressed here are very diverse and well thought out. I recognize this is a UCONN board with most of the posters being UCONN supporters and I greatly appreciate the welcoming of non UCONN women basketball supporters. Thank you, BY!

I've been a fan of the sport for many years and always paid attention to MSU, UT and UConn. I know this history of "the rivalry" quite well and remember when the women's team at MSU was just an afterthought. It's been a fun evolution over the past 20+ years (doesn't seem so long ago). It's great to read the perspectives of not only the UConn faithful but others as well. When you compare the dialogue here with the average conversation of an SEC football message board this is Shakespearean level quality.

I rooted for UT back in the day simply because of history and geography but wasn't rooting "against' UConn if that makes sense. I still pull for UT when the opportunity presents itself and hope the Lady Vols get back to a high level again, just as I hope MSU is able to sustain success for a few years as the cast of players changes.

The fans here are passionate and while there is an occasional homer, most understand and appreciate how good they have it and how the sport as a whole is better off due to the contributions of Geno and his players.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
A kind and gracious post. Have to tell you though, when I see MSU, I always think Michigan State. And don't get me started on USC. Left coast bias, I guess.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thank you for acknowledging the uniqueness of the yard, as well as all of the extremely knowledgeable and informed fans that visit here. Like you, I love the BY too. I log on several times a day, every day because I don’t want to miss anything.

As 2019 and 2020 class recruits gave their verbals this year, it was reported here soon after. You get information here not only about Huskie’s basketball, but WCBB across the board. We appreciate the input from fans of other programs that we don’t have.

I like to keep abreast of the top 10 teams. Most of the posters here enjoy good women’s basketball, regardless of the name on the front of the jerseys. We look forward to your posts and comments this season. Good luck to your favorite teams this year. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
A kind and gracious post. Have to tell you though, when I see MSU, I always think Michigan State. And don't get me started on USC. Left coast bias, I guess.

No bias there GH. Simply google “USC”, and see what comes up. Keep in mind that Google is acknowledged as a “world wide” unbiased search engine. :D Fight on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Volnation is a homer board that is openly hostile to anything that isn't colored Orange. And regularly posts very nasty stuff about UConn and its fans.

1542666419395.png

UConn and its fans on a regular basis. Well that doesn't leave anyone out, does it? That doesn't sound like EVERYONE in Vol Nation is happy to see the resumption of the games between UConn and Tenn.

It will be interesting to see/hear the reception that Geno and CD get when they enter the arena when UConn plays Tenn in Knoxville just before tip off.

They wouldn't boo our players would they? The seniors were infants/newborns when the incident happened. The freshmen and sophomores weren't born yet. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom