The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament - The Final-Cut 4 - VOTE NOW!

These are 2 separate matchups. Please pick your favorite from each pair.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Rocky wins. I challenge anyone to not have an immediate reaction simply to hearing the opening bits of Gonna Fly Now.

I love Rocky and I immediately get pumped hearing it, even in the Creed movies, but Shawshank is just a notch higher in my book.

Basically any movie in the top 4 could win and I wouldn't be upset.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Nooner bump. Hey Deep, when you’ve climbed a particularly large set of steps do you often bounce around as you raise your hands in triumph and jubilation?

Can the underdog tale take down another underdog tale?
You're kinda making the argument that Rocky has had an impact on American culture for 40+ years there. Tour buses still stop by the stairs so people can climb those steps and get that pic.

(The fact that Philly has a statue of a fictional boxer may be more of an indicator of Americana but that's a separate subject).

For the record, I've been known to do the Rocky two step and arms up just from getting out of bed in the morning.

I traveled to Philly a ton for business and any given day, at 5:30-6:00 in the morning you jog there and 10-25 people are on the stairs and raising their arms at the top. Any kind of weather. It's a Mecca.

No one is visiting the sewer pipe Andy crawled out of. VOTE FOR ROCKY.

You're kinda making the argument that Rocky has had an impact on American culture for 40+ years there. Tour buses still stop by the stairs so people can climb those steps and get that pic.

(The fact that Philly has a statue of a fictional boxer may be more of an indicator of Americana but that's a separate subject).

For the record, I've been known to do the Rocky two step and arms up just from getting out of bed in the morning.
Nah, I’m just poking fun at Deep for stumping so hard for Rocky.

Curiouser
First time I was in Philly was in summer of ‘85 for Live Aid. Four groups of friends met there from different parts of the country and we needed to arrange a meeting spot and distribute the tickets, which one friend bought for all of us. Guess where we chose for the meetup? Yep. And every one of us ran the stairs and threw our fists in the air as we arrived.

Poll within the Poll:

Who did it better?
(This is just for silly fun, even I’m not too, hmm.. obtuse? to deny who will win this)

Andy’s Triumph!

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Still unleached
No actually it doesn't. Reread the definition and see if you can figure out why.
I didn't use the verb "do," so I don't know what you mean by "doesn't." Even allowing for a minor mistake and correcting it, I cannot "figure out why."
I'll call.

If anyone still wants to vote on the final of the Movie Tourney, it’s in the Entertainment board for some reason. Last few hours for votes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
I'd rather sit down and watch Goodfellas any day over Godfather. Sound track alone makes it more fun. Still, Godfather is the better movie.
Goodfellas should have points deducted for failing to show Henry Hill's involvement in the BS College BB point shaving scandal of the late 70's/early 80's. It would have been fun to have their reputation forever stained on celluloid.