The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament Stat Dump and Bracket Reveal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard Greatest Movie of All-Time Tournament Stat Dump and Bracket Reveal

Reaction Score
@Mano so how's this going to work? Do a series of polls each day for a region?
Yea, starting tonight, going to do the first round of each region per day. So on and so forth.

Reaction Score
Great job, impressed with the work compiling all the results and looking forward to the voting.

These were lists of people's favorite movies, maybe "the greatest movie, in my opinion".
Shawshank is illustrative, it is definitely one of my favorites, but its not great like the Godfather is or Jaws or Apocalypse Now. It is all subjective of course, for example because I like them so much I think Unforgiven and Rocky are great movies, but true cinema-files likely disagree. And I 'm not saying this should be a classics standoff where Casablanca must compete with Citizen Kane.

It might have been accidental, but I think it great that the movies aren't categorized and broken up into dramas, comedies etc.. This makes the choices tougher and more interesting my toughest:
Die Hard vs Cool Hand Luke - I can't pick
Caddyshack vs. Good Will - two favorites in different ways, leaning Caddy
Schindler vs Back to Future - bad draw for Marty McFly
Silence of Lambs vs Anchorman - Silence should win but if there were a comedy region Anchorman is sweet 16
Gladiator vs Something About Mary - the latter was so enjoyably funny at time but doesn't hold up
Jaws vs Usual Suspects - should be no-brainer but Usual has very loyal fans
Big Lebowski vs Shining - loyal fans will likely crush possible greatest horror movie ever
Raiders vs Full Metal - can't pick, first half of full metal is so good
Thanks. Yea I thought for a second about making the regions genre specific but it would have made for some really top heavy regions and a relatively weak comedy/musical one. I love a good comedy, but I’m a bit elitist when it comes to best of all time. Personally they don’t come close to my top 10. I had 40 Year Old Virgin at 16.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom