The biggest problem this year.... | The Boneyard

The biggest problem this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What would define "sucky fans"? Would I be a bad fan if I say KO might as well be coaching via satellite from his armchair at home these past few games? Do I suck because I sometimes point out that while he has value on the defensive end, Nolan can do absolutely nothing right on offense this year and we should stop giving him the ball?

People don't say that stuff to belittle the players and make fun of the team. We all want to see UCONN succeed and part of that process involves pointing out areas that need major improvement and then following along as they (hopefully) get remedied as the season goes on.

Maybe I'm way off base, and maybe that's not what you meant by people that suck at being fans. I just know that if I see a flaw that's not being fixed, I'm going to harp on it. Doesn't mean I love the team any less than the fans that choose to ignore them. I'm still there cheering and praying and shouting at the TV every game day. Same as you.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The biggest problem I see this season is that there are many on this board who simply suck at being fans.
A problem? Sure. The biggest problem? Not by a long shot.

Reaction Score
What would define "sucky fans"? Would I be a bad fan if I say KO might as well be coaching via satellite from his armchair at home these past few games? Do I suck because I sometimes point out that while he has value on the defensive end, Nolan can do absolutely nothing right on offense this year and we should stop giving him the ball?

People don't say that stuff to belittle the players and make fun of the team. We all want to see UCONN succeed and part of that process involves pointing out areas that need major improvement and then following along as they (hopefully) get remedied as the season goes on.

Maybe I'm way off base, and maybe that's not what you meant by people that suck at being fans. I just know that if I see a flaw that's not being fixed, I'm going to harp on it. Doesn't mean I love the team any less than the fans that choose to ignore them. I'm still there cheering and praying and shouting at the TV every game day. Same as you.

You think part of the process of improving is fans pointing out flaws (usually in the most dickish manner possible)? Mmmmmkay.

Reaction Score
Prankster just needs to shoot off his cannon to reduce stress.;) Maybe we need to get going on the 2015 BY
OPEN. Failure to do so, especially after a championship, has caused premature striations in the fabric of the MOJO. I'm in, and Lil Rabid is back in the good old USA.

Reaction Score
The biggest problem I see this season is that there are many on this board who simply suck at being fans.

What the did you just ing say about me, you little girl? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the #1 Fandom Acadamy, and I’ve been involved in numerous cheerleading competitions, and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in pompom waving and I’m the top cheer coordinator in the entire fanbae. You are nothing to me but just another loser. I will start UCONN chants with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am buyinggame tickets to every UCONN game across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can name over seven hundred different UCONN players, and that’s just with off of memory alone.. Not only am I extensively trained in screaming at the top of my lungs while UCONN is playing defense, but I have access to the entire gampel pavillion and I will use it to its full extent to practice my hardcore fandom, you little . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goshdarn idiot. I will fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ing dead, kiddo.

Reaction Score
You think part of the process of improving is fans pointing out flaws (usually in the most dickish manner possible)? Mmmmmkay.
I also enjoyed that when it comes to flaws, apparently there are no other options besides ignoring them or harping on them endlessly.

Reaction Score
Prankster's right, I'm here to say that I've had a down year. Case in point...I turned the Stanford game off before it ended. And during the Tulsa rout I just sat there in my easy chair plowing through a bag of Utz potato chips. Didn't bring it that night...no excuses.

Reaction Score
Prankster's right, I'm here to say that I've had a down year. Case in point...I turned the Stanford game off before it ended. And during the Tulsa rout I just sat there in my easy chair plowing through a bag of Utz potato chips. Didn't bring it that night...no excuses.
Since we are confessing I admit I was at a funeral during the Temple game and didn't even check my phone for a score. Oh and even Phily is outrebounding me this year. And this is where it gets really ugly, I've watched more Big East games than the American. It feels good to get that off my chest. Now maybe we can win some games

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't think I've had one single Rolling Rock all season, I'll work to rectify that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What the did you just ing say about me, you little girl? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the #1 Fandom Acadamy, and I’ve been involved in numerous cheerleading competitions, and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in pompom waving and I’m the top cheer coordinator in the entire fanbae. You are nothing to me but just another loser. I will start UCONN chants with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am buyinggame tickets to every UCONN game across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can name over seven hundred different UCONN players, and that’s just with off of memory alone.. Not only am I extensively trained in screaming at the top of my lungs while UCONN is playing defense, but I have access to the entire gampel pavillion and I will use it to its full extent to practice my hardcore fandom, you little . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goshdarn idiot. I will fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ing dead, kiddo.

Maybe the worst crime a UConn fan can commit is not writing in paragraphs.

You are as much a UConn fan as that guy is a king of pancakes. He is clearly no better than a jack of pancakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom