The biggest college basketball game of the entire regular season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The biggest college basketball game of the entire regular season

Reaction Score
But the dirty little secret about the Field House was that the noise was somewhat dampened from the crowd sitting so far from the edge of court. Except for that VCU game where the space was all filled in with seats. That's when the rafters shook so hard it "loosened decades old dust".
The Fieldhouse was dirty and mostly secret in that no one went to a lot of the games in the Perno & early Calhoun days. We typically sat under the baskets ala North Goal gang to be close to the action. I couldn't believe how crafty Earl Kelley was from that angle when watching my freshman year (Kyrie 1.0?!), he would spin shots in off the top of the backboard and bomb from 23 feet while it was still only worth 2. Earl was just plain dirty.

But the true dirty little secret was the no-smoking in the building policy that allowed everyone including students to file outside at half time and indulge in beverages hidden in the snow. And THAT made the building louder!! Our go to? #UConnJack

caw

Reaction Score
fellas this one's gonna be a rout.

marquette has played 1 ncaa tournament team since december and they split 1-1 with them. complete fraud.

uconn wins this by 15 minimum

I don't think that is true. I think SHU and Butler get in at the end of the day. That said MU did split with those two teams.

Right now the top of the BE is UConn, MU, Creighton, SHU and then Butler, Nova, PC, X. Some mix of the last five will get two in at least, IMO.

Remaining schedules:

MU: @ UConn, DePaul, X, PC, @Creighton, UConn, @X
UConn: MU, @Creighton, Nova, SHU, @MU, @PC

MU has the extra game but it's against DePaul.

Otherwise it's a pretty even schedule to end the season for both teams with UConn's being slightly harder because @PC is probably harder than @X and Nova/SHU right now are harder than PC/X. That said all of those teams will be fighting to get a signature win to boost their NCAA chances.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

marquette has played 1 ncaa tournament team since december and they split 1-1 with them. complete fraud.

Does Cincinnati have running water yet?

Reaction Score
I do think this is actually a bigger game for Marquette than for us. We will be a top seed while Marquette is waivering between themselves and AZ. Lots of season left but if Marquette is going to be a 1-seed, they need to win 1 of 2 from us. Plus if they lose, the BE Title is a given. Should be a fun game, but I am somewhat expecting a double digit win only because we're at home.

Reaction Score
I was at the VCU game and yes the building shaked and quaked all night. The game that rivaled that one was the slowdown game against Rhody.
Yep! I was there when Doug Melody dribbled like Marques Haynes all around and through the URI defenders. The crowd went wild watching that outstanding performance!

Reaction Score
Hope UConn has a statement win by crushing Marquette by 20+ points.

Tired of hearing "experts" put us behind Purdue, time to show that we are a well-balanced team with great players in every position, and on the bench, and a great coach, and not a one-man show!
Marquette lost to Purdue in a close game so Uconn has an opportunity to make a HEEEUUUGGGE! statement if they can win this game comfortably on national tv. Lets hope we give our best performance of the season and come out healthy at the buzzer.

Reaction Score
The loudest UConn home games in the last 4-5 years have been Villanova 2022 at XL, St John’s 2023 at XL, Memphis 2019 at XL, and the Providence Gamepl game in 2023.

XL has been better as of late.
Xavier at Uconn 2023 was pure mayhem

Reaction Score
Sietsa key Oyster Bar
Rain possible around game time. SKOB is a cool place but a bit cramped inside. Evies or Raffurtys on main are good sports bars. Geckos in Southside is also good…and closer to siesta key

Reaction Score
Should be a great game: you are #1, playing at home in front of a huge crowd, talented opponent with energetic coach- Looking forward to a fantastic atmosphere and a W!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
XL Center crowd need to step up tomorrow for 40 min. on national tv
Actually, they need to be loud and proud for the entire broadcast, not just the 40 minutes that the game clock is running. Need to drown out the announcers.

Reaction Score
It would be so hype if today was the day Shaka got T’d up for being on the court playing by D. Crowd will go absolutely bat guano crazy!!!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Timing today is brutal. I have to leave the house at halftime to see my daughter's music performance. If we're down at the half, I'm gonna be in a foul mood. I'm tempted to just record and watch the whole game afterward, but there's no way I'm not turning the game on when it tips off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yep! I was there when Doug Melody dribbled like Marques Haynes all around and through the URI defenders. The crowd went wild watching that outstanding performance!
Sounds boring

Reaction Score
They had to give him smelling salts at one timeout, or so the legend goes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's a weird kind of nerves I'm feeling right now. For me, this game is more about pain avoidance than pleasure seeking.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Obviously I want to win this game but I see it as more of a measuring stick on a) what we will need to address and b) where other top schools are in relation to where we are than as a must win. I do want to keep our #1 ranking but winning it all is the true goal.

I would prefer that the first Marquette game would have been in Milwaukee but I don't see this as being that large of deal.

Reaction Score
Sounds boring
Hardly....those were the days when the 4 corners stall was 'IN"....but they eventually led to the creation of the shot clock in college hoops.

Reaction Score
Timing today is brutal. I have to leave the house at halftime to see my daughter's music performance. If we're down at the half, I'm gonna be in a foul mood. I'm tempted to just record and watch the whole game afterward, but there's no way I'm not turning the game on when it tips off.
As much as I love UCONN there is nothing more precious than watching the activities of children and now in my case grandkids. I record all UCONN men’s BB and football games so I do not “miss” any games. We do what is right.

Reaction Score
Actually, they need to be loud and proud for the entire broadcast, not just the 40 minutes that the game clock is running. Need to drown out the announcers.
I hope the Civic Center is rocking,rolling, and thunderous. PS XL Center does nothing for it will always be the Civic Center for me.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

See Reno 911 GIF by Schoolyard TV

uconn is a national championship level team, marquette is a fraud boosted by beating fellow church league frauds.

Reaction Score

First smart thing you’ve ever said on this board

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom