The biggest college basketball game of the entire regular season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The biggest college basketball game of the entire regular season

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Hey Kemba Time, I love your post. But I beg to differ. No doubt, tomorrow game is a big one but before the BE regular season is over we will play Marquette again at their home court in March. Who knows, if during the BE tournament we will play Marquette again. Regardless, IMHO the NCAA tournament is the real test of our team, just like last year. :)
We compete for 3 (maybe 4) championships a year. I want them all. I'm sure Danny does too. If Marquette steals this game, we are sweating out a 1 game lead with a tough 5 game schedule to close out. Take care of business and a 3 game lead should be enough.

Reaction Score
Haha, a lifetime ban. No but 16k should be louder than 10k, however it has not worked that way over the years since Gampel is the louder building, We'll see what happens tomorrow
your decibel meter is broken.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Not only that, Gampel should have been expanded years ago. Apparantly there is a plan for that but I don't think the funding is quite there. If someone knows of any further info on that please share.

Anyways, let's hope the crowd is in their seats before the Anthem. I know that's a tall order but they've been better at it this year.
Guess you don't attend the games?

Reaction Score
Well, I should probably tell my wife I'll be home after work. Lol. Had 8pm tonight on my calendar... no idea why.
Don’t tell her. Say it’s a mid-season tournament.

Tomorrow, you can be absent and say that UConn won on Friday

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This should be a Gampel game - all UConn home games (except Christmas holiday period) need to be Gampel games
You’re a better poster than this. Take the foot out of your mouth.

Reaction Score
XL is going to be rocking. Friday night a couple hours after work ends? Just enough time to get blitzed and cause mayhem.
You're going to be pretty damn drunk if you start at like 5 tonight and go until the 3pm game tomorrow.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Haha, a lifetime ban. No but 16k should be louder than 10k, however it has not worked that way over the years since Gampel is the louder building, We'll see what happens tomorrow
Not last year it wasn't. Or most years. Marquette was hounded out of the building last year.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not last year it wasn't. Or most years. Marquette was hounded out of te building last year.
The loudest UConn home games in the last 4-5 years have been Villanova 2022 at XL, St John’s 2023 at XL, Memphis 2019 at XL, and the Providence Gamepl game in 2023.

XL has been better as of late.

Reaction Score
Will be played Saturday at 3 p.m. right here in Hartford, CT and it simply does not get much better than this.

No. 1 vs. No. 4. The reigning national champs vs. the reigning conference champs. A 13-game winning streak on one side, an 8-game winning streak on the other. Two teams that don’t like each other very much in the most passionate conference in college hoops. Two animated coaches, star power on both sides and a chance to put away the Big East regular-season title against the team currently defending it.

This is Don’t get a damn thing done at work today because you can’t think about anything else territory. This is Get in trouble with your spouse because when they’re talking about what’s for dinner tonight, you’re thinking about how to defend Tyler Kolek on a ball screen territory. This is March intensity in mid-February … and this is what it feels like for our program to be all the way BACK.

Last season was absolutely amazing, but so much unfolded on neutral courts across the country — as have this season’s marquee matchups. This is our biggest home game in a long, long time. If you are going: I don’t care what color shirt you are wearing, it’s time to BE LOUD. If you are watching from elsewhere: I don’t care where, it’s time to bust out your big-game mojo vibes.

For all the fans who think the only thing that matters in this sport comes on one Monday night in April, this Saturday in February is why you are wrong. This is about our team making a clear statement that this is the best damn program in the country right now. This is about Marquette walking off the court with an L by their name, looking up at 15,000+ screaming fans letting them know who runs the Big East.

This is big-time college basketball at its best. Let’s go!!!!!!

It's a good match up. It should be a great atmosphere. But the game will decide nothing. So,no, this is not the biggest game of the entire season. Besides, they play again in a few games.

That should not take away any joy or anticipation for the contest. I, for one, am hoping for another relatively uneventful UConn win.

Reaction Score
UConn the reigning national champs playing against another pre season top 5 team and ESPN has no interest doing a game day for it or at any UConn game this season. Is that just because fox has media rights to big east?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom