The biggest college basketball game of the entire regular season | The Boneyard

The biggest college basketball game of the entire regular season

Reaction Score
Will be played Saturday at 3 p.m. right here in Hartford, CT and it simply does not get much better than this.

No. 1 vs. No. 4. The reigning national champs vs. the reigning conference champs. A 13-game winning streak on one side, an 8-game winning streak on the other. Two teams that don’t like each other very much in the most passionate conference in college hoops. Two animated coaches, star power on both sides and a chance to put away the Big East regular-season title against the team currently defending it.

This is Don’t get a damn thing done at work today because you can’t think about anything else territory. This is Get in trouble with your spouse because when they’re talking about what’s for dinner tonight, you’re thinking about how to defend Tyler Kolek on a ball screen territory. This is March intensity in mid-February … and this is what it feels like for our program to be all the way BACK.

Last season was absolutely amazing, but so much unfolded on neutral courts across the country — as have this season’s marquee matchups. This is our biggest home game in a long, long time. If you are going: I don’t care what color shirt you are wearing, it’s time to BE LOUD. If you are watching from elsewhere: I don’t care where, it’s time to bust out your big-game mojo vibes.

For all the fans who think the only thing that matters in this sport comes on one Monday night in April, this Saturday in February is why you are wrong. This is about our team making a clear statement that this is the best damn program in the country right now. This is about Marquette walking off the court with an L by their name, looking up at 15,000+ screaming fans letting them know who runs the Big East.

This is big-time college basketball at its best. Let’s go!!!!!!

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Will be played Saturday at 3 p.m. right here in Hartford, CT and it simply does not get much better than this.

No. 1 vs. No. 4. The reigning national champs vs. the reigning conference champs. A 13-game winning streak on one side, an 8-game winning streak on the other. Two teams that don’t like each other very much in the most passionate conference in college hoops. Two animated coaches, star power on both sides and a chance to put away the Big East regular-season title against the team currently defending it.

This is Don’t get a damn thing done at work today because you can’t think about anything else territory. This is Get in trouble with your spouse because when they’re talking about what’s for dinner tonight, you’re thinking about how to defend Tyler Kolek on a ball screen territory. This is March intensity in mid-February … and this is what it feels like for our program to be all the way BACK.

Last season was absolutely amazing, but so much unfolded on neutral courts across the country — as have this season’s marquee matchups. This is our biggest home game in a long, long time. If you are going: I don’t care what color shirt you are wearing, it’s time to BE LOUD. If you are watching from elsewhere: I don’t care where, it’s time to bust out your big-game mojo vibes.

For all the fans who think the only thing that matters in this sport comes on one Monday night in April, this Saturday in February is why you are wrong. This is about our team making a clear statement that this is the best damn program in the country right now. This is about Marquette walking off the court with an L by their name, looking up at 15,000+ screaming fans letting them know who runs the Big East.

This is big-time college basketball at its best. Let’s go!!!!!!
Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I'm ready. My whole crew is ready. Been ready for years. Our run through the NCAA last year was so so fun, but it wasn't in our home venue. We are hosting a massive showdown tomorrow and I'm ready for it NOW.

Reaction Score
Hey Kemba Time, I love your post. But I beg to differ. No doubt, tomorrow game is a big one but before the BE regular season is over we will play Marquette again at their home court in March. Who knows, if during the BE tournament we will play Marquette again. Regardless, IMHO the NCAA tournament is the real test of our team, just like last year. :)

Reaction Score
Hope UConn has a statement win by crushing Marquette by 20+ points.

Tired of hearing "experts" put us behind Purdue, time to show that we are a well-balanced team with great players in every position, and on the bench, and a great coach, and not a one-man show!

Reaction Score
I see this as Tristan and Cam time. With AK dropping death knells. Cam vs Kolek could be fire if they let that happen. Cam might kick him. Kolek can’t stop either/any of our guards

Reaction Score
This should be a Gampel game - all UConn home games (except Christmas holiday period) need to be Gampel games

Agreed. Not only that, Gampel should have been expanded years ago. Apparantly there is a plan for that but I don't think the funding is quite there. If someone knows of any further info on that please share.

Anyways, let's hope the crowd is in their seats before the Anthem. I know that's a tall order but they've been better at it this year.

Reaction Score
A year ago around this time they came to Hartford and we blew their doors off and that was the point that i knew we were all the way back from the January swoon. This year's game is to remind them we are the defending national champs and there is nothing they can do to stop this locomotive.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This would result of UConn having one of the lowest attendance records in the BE.
Big deal - its all about the noise/atmosphere - Do you think Dook cares if it doesn't lead the ACC in attendance? The HOME court has built in positives vs the home away from home

Reaction Score
Trying to remember , when was last time 2 top 5 teams played each other at XL?

Reaction Score
Big deal - its all about the noise/atmosphere - Do you think Dook cares if it doesn't lead the ACC in attendance? The HOME court has built in positives vs the home away from home

You don't think 15,000 can be louder than 9,000? not sure about that one. Amazing this gets debated so much on this board. It's not going to change anytime soon and the reasons for it are obvious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom