The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 67 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm fine with this angle because we can still see the grill, but I need the clocks too.

Sheriff might have the day off, because the prep is behind schedule. She would have 30 plates garnished and warmed by now.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with this angle because we can still see the grill, but I need the clocks too.

Sheriff might have the day off, because the prep is behind schedule. She would have 30 plates garnished and warmed by now.
when Sheriff is around the plates practically garnish themselves.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't recall ever seeing a full pan of motor oil on the grill, it's usually just a 1/3 pan.

Reaction Score

They need a split screen with a table cam right in the center of the table. We need to see the blood sweat and spit that goes into, and out of, these valiant efforts.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And on the eighth day, Sheriff rested.

Looks like a 72-ouncer just hit the grill?

Reaction Score
They need a split screen with a table cam right in the center of the table. We need to see the blood sweat and spit that goes into, and out of, these valiant efforts.
I want FaceTime cam

Reaction Score

Sheriff is off today after working at least 7 straight days, and this day griller has a totally different technique. Plates are prepped on the table out of camera view to our right, he wraps the bone on the tomahawk with tin foil, uses both grills (but primarily the right side), and has a full pan of motor oil.

They have to figure out a way to get the clocks back. I am wondering how long they have had the live stream and if this is typical?

Reaction Score
Actually a pretty keen observation - I wonder if they fielded a few calls (not from here) because people can’t mind their own business and outed them.
I love it. One would think the simpler solution would be to throw on some gloves and wash your hands sporadocally rather than climbing up in the dusty rafters to jockey the camera angle

Reaction Score
Sheriff is off today after working at least 7 straight days, and this day griller has a totally different technique. Plates are prepped on the table out of camera view to our right, he wraps the bone on the tomahawk with tin foil, uses both grills (but primarily the right side), and has a full pan of motor oil.

They have to figure out a way to get the clocks back. I am wondering how long they have had the live stream and if this is typical?
The question is: Which cook is Jesse and which is Walter White.

Reaction Score
I checked the Hall of Fame:

8821. 7/25/2011. Shawn McLaughlin. 59:57:00. 205. 27. Farmington, CT. "Go Hard or Go Home!"
9054. 7/22/2013. Peter Christiana. 54:15:00. 220. 22. Easton, CT. "If you ain't first, you're last!"

Reaction Score
Not good without faces. Part of the magic that makes this so compelling, is that it gives face to those anonymous souls that get up every day, leave their house, and perform all those unglamorous tasks that keep the world as we know it running. In a world where news is a commodity that has to create the highest level of hysteria possible to survive competition, all you have to do is watch sheriff cook some peppers, put the grill brush on the disgusting floor, and smack a piece of meat with the tongs, and you realize the world is still on its axes. You can breathe easy and go about the rest of the day knowing everything is as it should be.

Take away the faces, and just show disembodied hands flipping meat, and they are no longer human. We go from human drama to a sock puppet cartoon. Even the other heroes of the drama, the intrepid meat eaters themselves are diminished. Without the full picture and context of all that happened before they got there, and continues in the background while they seek glory, the entire experience is degraded. Instead of a satisfying novel we are left with a comic book.

Reaction Score
Not good without faces. Part of the magic that makes this so compelling, is that it gives face to those anonymous souls that get up every day, leave their house, and perform all those unglamorous tasks that keep the world as we know it running. In a world where news is a commodity that has to create the highest level of hysteria possible to survive competition, all you have to do is watch sheriff cook some peppers, put the grill brush on the disgusting floor, and smack a piece of meat with the tongs, and you realize the world is still on its axes. You can breathe easy and go about the rest of the day knowing everything is as it should be.

Take away the faces, and just show disembodied hands flipping meat, and they are no longer human. We go from human drama to a sock puppet cartoon. Even the other heroes of the drama, the intrepid meat eaters themselves are diminished. Without the full picture and context of all that happened before they got there, and continues in the background while they seek glory, the entire experience is degraded. Instead of a satisfying novel we are left with a comic book.
There was an elegance in the Sheriff completely ignoring contestants because of her complete focus on the grill. Now we can't witness that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The video clock you freakin' idiot.

That is not convention when linking youtube videos. You use the scrub time in the video itself, grandpa internet noob.

In fact you couldve time linked the portion you wanted to show so we couldve just clicked and watched.

Also,

Shut up, dove.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That is not convention when linking youtube videos. You use the scrub time in the video itself, grandpa internet noob.

In fact you couldve time linked the portion you wanted to show so we couldve just clicked and watched.

Also,

Shut up, dove.
May you die in a horrible amp explosion.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
May you die in a horrible amp explosion.

I almost did once. Seriously. I was working on a 68 Fender Twin reverb and thought I drained the filter capacitors properly. I did not. I touched something inside and was literally thrown 8 feet against a wall. If I didnt have one hand free (thus not completing the "circuit" ) I would have been legitiamately dead instead of just brain dead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I almost did once. Seriously. I was working on a 68 Fender Twin reverb and thought I drained the filter capacitors properly. I did not. I touched something inside and was literally thrown 8 feet against a wall. If I didnt have one hand free (thus not competing the "circuit" ) I would have been legitiametely dead instead of just brain dead.

I wish your other hand was holding onto Dove.

Reaction Score
But, back to the original question, I don't think it is Sheriff. Looks too thin, and the youtube video is only a year old. I seriously doubt anyone could learn to handle tongs like that in less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom