The Big East Needs To Be Ruthless Too | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Big East Needs To Be Ruthless Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think BE should go to 14. If you send UL out to west, they would be so pissed. Check out this new map. We need to add more Western teams. We got 7 Eastern teams right now. If BYU is part of the package, we need 2 more Western teams to even up the divisions. SDSU and Fresno ST won't be so bad.

BigEastProposed.jpg
that's what I'm talkin bout. Any two western teams. Preferably UNLV or NV, but definitely, certainly, please SDSU. La Jolla joyaa!! That is the western trip to beat all western trips.
Who here likes La Jolla? Let's take a poll. C'mon.

Reaction Score
that's what I'm talkin bout. Any two western teams. Preferably UNLV or NV, but definitely, certainly, please SDSU. La Jolla joyaa!! That is the western trip to beat all western trips.
Who here likes La Jolla? Let's take a poll. C'mon.

My brother lives in SoCal so I'd be there in a heartbeat for a roadtrip. And I begrudgingly admit I like the Chargers so I would try to parlay one of their games in too.

Reaction Score
I think we should look eastward and take some teams from Europe. They can also play some hoops in the Slavic countries. Looks like we'll be in Siberia soon enough anyway.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I agree with most all that's written here. I propose the following East -West Breakdown in Football:

Temple, UConn, Rutgers, UCF, USF, Memphis, Navy and West: Houston, SMU, Louisville, Boise, BYU, Air Force, Nevada. Give Villanova a conditional Acceptance for them to upgrade to FBS in 2 years. Can bring on ECU and UMass when Villanova comes on board.

In basketball, the additions of Memphis and Temple will balance out loss of Pitt and Syracuse. Then add Xavier, Dayton, and Butler to the pure basketball and other olympic sports side. That will more then balance out loss of WVU. Other non-football schools to be considered include St. Josephs and St. Louis. Basketball conference will still be the best in the country by far and the football will be the strongest it has ever been and well deserving of an AQ bid. Championship game can be in Meadowlands Stadium (Yankee Stadium is too small). Big East Basketball Tournament can be a 24 team tourney (two divisions) with seeds leading to big East Championship in MSG. Try and top that ACC.

Reaction Score
We need to make sure that UL and UC are in the East so that we preserve those rivalries. Instead of 14 why not 12 but drop Navy in the east and add Fresno St. in the west? Or could also drop in the west and add both Fresno and SDSU. Also I really don't see the point in adding SMU and UH for all sports. Let them play in the Southland or something. So then you would have East division being full Big East members and West division consisting of affiliate football members. If Boise and BYU agree to join, UH and SMU will take any offer given to them.

East:
UConn
RU
UC
UL
USF
UCF

West:
SMU
UH
BYU
Boise St.
Fresno St.
SDSU

Reaction Score
As I've mentioned before, the head man at FedEx said he'd give $100 million to the BCS conference with an AQ that adds Memphis - the Big East should at least explore this option and perhaps try to get a big name football school to join.

Give all the money to one of the following schools to join the BE in all sports for the next 5 to 10 years: ND, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, Florida, LSU, Alabama. If Oklahoma joined, Oklahoma St would come too which would not be a bad thing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think we should look eastward and take some teams from Europe. They can also play some hoops in the Slavic countries. Looks like we'll be in Siberia soon enough anyway.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Evidently you've never visited Syracuse in the winter. Siberia has been in the BE's footprint since the conference began.

Reaction Score
I have said years ago BE should have added UCF and others. By now, all those programs would be BCS programs just like Cincy, UL and USF. BE was short-sighted and we are where we are. BE should should take a long look at things and just go national. Current realignment really forced the BE to think out of the box which Providence is not known for.

It's not as simple as you make it.

Upgrading those programs doesn't mean they would have had the same success as Cincy and UL. They could have, but there is no reason to assume they would have as you have done. Leaving them were they are helped UCF finish in the top 25 a year ago which helps the Big East now if we add them. There's no reason to assume (since they had a losing record vs. BCS teams) that they would have had the same results playing a BCS schedule last year.

We would have had to split the pot with them, and the BCS bid potentially would be in even greater jeopardy than it is now depending on where the school(s) finished in the rankings. There's no reason to assume success would have followed an upgrade "just because".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom