The Big and Tough Lineup | The Boneyard

The Big and Tough Lineup

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice this lineup which Hurley ran for several minutes while resting Bouknight. It had Cole at the point, alongside Jackson, Martin, Whaley, and Sanogo. Hell of a lineup defensively, for rebounding, and for generally and decisively outmuscling our opponents, especially in the paint. I'm thinking Hurley must love this lineup and that we will see more of it.

Although later, near the end of the game, he went small with Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Martin, and either Whaley or Sanogo.

I just love the depth of this team, and the rotations Hurley is using, and the adjustments he is making. We are a tough out for anybody, right now playing our best basketball of the season, which we should be.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice this lineup which Hurley ran for several minutes while resting Bouknight. It had Cole at the point, alongside Jackson, Martin, Whaley, and Sanogo. Hell of a lineup defensively, for rebounding, and for generally and decisively outmuscling our opponents, especially in the paint. I'm thinking Hurley must love this lineup and that we will see more of it.

Although later, near the end of the game, he went small with Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Martin, and either Whaley or Sanogo.

I just love the depth of this team, and the rotations Hurley is using, and the adjustments he is making. We are a tough out for anybody, right now playing our best basketball of the season, which we should be.
That lineup played well together--Would like to see TM return to form with some points

Reaction Score
He did some Whaley/Polley offense defense down the stretch too
The offensive defense sub pattern was obvious at the end. Gaffney came in during SHU foul shots to add an extra ball handler, foul shooter at some points and Sanogo went out. Not sure the pattern was consistent.

Reaction Score
The offensive defense sub pattern was obvious at the end. Gaffney came in during SHU foul shots to add an extra ball handler, foul shooter at some points and Sanogo went out. Not sure the pattern was consistent.
He was pulling Jackson for Gaffney on O. Down the stretch Other than Jackson being a freshman, I didn’t get it. Gaffney is really turnover prone with a shaky handle and Jackson is 100% from the line. But, it worked out.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice this lineup which Hurley ran for several minutes while resting Bouknight. It had Cole at the point, alongside Jackson, Martin, Whaley, and Sanogo.
That was simply a matter of using Ajax instead of Gaffney to spell Bouk. Only other choice, would have required letting Badams out of the doghouse.l
That's the lineup when the other team is using fouls in an effort to catch up.

Reaction Score
He was pulling Jackson for Gaffney on O. Down the stretch Other than Jackson being a freshman, I didn’t get it. Gaffney is really turnover prone with a shaky handle and Jackson is 100% from the line. But, it worked out.

I would assume coach has a much better gauge on Jackson's shooting ability than games have shown, at the line or otherwise. If he put Gaff in for FTs, you have to trust that. They're taking dozens every day and charting them... Jackson's only taken 10 this year.

Reaction Score
I would assume coach has a much better gauge on Jackson's shooting ability than games have shown, at the line or otherwise. If he put Gaff in for FTs, you have to trust that. They're taking dozens every day and charting them... Jackson's only taken 10 this year.
I do not have Andre's FT %s in front of me but it seems like he's in the 70-75% range. Having Tyler Phommachanh on the floor for crunch time because of his FT shooting can sometimes backfire because of his passing/dribbling deficiencies and limited D ..

Ajax brings those qualities to the table when on the floor and I believe will show up in our upcoming Tournament games.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i particularly enjoy the 'airdawg squad' where the fly-around-the-court gang of james, jalen, andre, tyrese, and isaiah, well, just fly around the court. i like the part where they hand the opponents some dramamine and say, 'here, u gonna need dis.'
i took a pic:
flying.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do not have Andre's FT %s in front of me but it seems like he's in the 70-75% range. Having Tyler Phommachanh on the floor for crunch time because of his FT shooting can sometimes backfire because of his passing/dribbling deficiencies and limited D ..

Ajax brings those qualities to the table when on the floor and I believe will show up in our upcoming Tournament games.

Andre is 100% from the FT line. 10/10 but a small sample size obviously.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hes got a reall nice FT stroke. Which makes his 3 PT odysseys that much more head scratching. Love the kid though. Knows his role.

Reaction Score
Hes got a reall nice FT stroke. Which makes his 3 PT odysseys that much more head scratching. Love the kid though. Knows his role.

His grips the ball a little weird when he goes to shoot 3s, but nothing that can't be fixed with reps. The biggest problem I'm seeing (without looking too carefully) is that he hinges at his hips instead of lifting the ball primarily with his arms.

I think he could have a serviceable 3-ball next year.

Reaction Score
Couldn't remember him missing but wanted to state the stats conservatively without a data check. Has a confident stroke from the FT line.

Predicting he'll be the X factor in the BET/Tournament without scoring a ton of points.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I assume that's the case. I just don't like Gaffney on the floor. It feels like every possession has danger written all over it with the ball in his hands.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I love him and cannot wait to see him pull-up and shoot a jumpshot. It would be an unstoppable weapon for Jackson given his bounce and length. His timing is so good, he would be one of those guys really good at tracking their misses, and laying it in except his finishes would end in dunks on necks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom