The best WCBB Players in History for Each Uniform Number. | The Boneyard

The best WCBB Players in History for Each Uniform Number.

Reaction Score
Lots of info and opinion on here. Huskies grab 5 spots. Paige will need to beat out Theresa Edwards when her career is over to gain a spot. Did you know that there are apparently only 37 jersey numbers allowed in WCBB?

Reaction Score
Lots of info and opinion on here. Huskies grab 5 spots. Paige will need to beat out Theresa Edwards when her career is over to gain a spot. Did you know that there are apparently only 37 jersey numbers allowed in WCBB?

I was wondering why they didn’t include some numbers

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was wondering why they didn’t include some numbers

well numbers ending in 6-9 aren't allowed.. Beyond that, what other numbers did they omit?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Got to use 5 fingers on each hand to signal fouls so 0-5 plus 0-5 so 6x6=36 plus 00

Interesting list and fun to remember and compare players - the list is based on college, but including pro and USA info in their summaries muddies the water a little bit.

Reaction Score
Got to use 5 fingers on each hand to signal fouls so 0-5 plus 0-5 so 6x6=36 plus 00

Interesting list and fun to remember and compare players - the list is based on college, but including pro and USA info in their summaries muddies the water a little bit.
That makes sense

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have an issue with #20 33.gif 33.gif 33.gif 33.gif

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
That's a lazy way to judge players in a team sport.
...did you ever actually watch Holdsclaw in college? She's unquestionably among the best collegiate players of all time.

Reaction Score
The Maya Moore snub was unforgivable.

I was disappointed that we didn't see Asja Jones, Morgan Tuck, Bria Hartley, or Kelly Faris. If they were going to mention Ann Strother then why not these players with multiple titles.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Maya was either first or second for player of the year for all four of her seasons.
Yep, and you could pull Holdsclaw numbers/facts and make a very compelling case that favors her too. They're two of the best collegiate players ever. It's like when this board debates between Maya/Stewart/DT for best UCONN player ever. There isn't much separating the top tier players and as a result, there usually isn't a consensus. For the top players you can make a compelling case for each being the best of the best depending on what you value, whether it be stats, titles, leading a team with less talent, awards, etc.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Haven't dared check the Vols site - I am sure they are disputing the #3 - just more Uconn Bias at ESPN (you know ESPN is located in CT - nuff said! :eek:)

Reaction Score

I was disappointed that we didn't see Asja Jones, Morgan Tuck, Bria Hartley, or Kelly Faris. If they were going to mention Ann Strother then why not these players with multiple titles.
Asjha's in there, 'bout halfway through the list for #15

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Asjha's in there, 'bout halfway through the list for #15

I think the players are listed in reverse chronological order. The ones who were really good are included in the narrative.

I was disappointed that Superwoman, Gabby Williams, wasn't listed under #15.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

They did say that if you consider WNBA, Maya would be the greatest.

I think Holdsclaw was one of the greatest collegiate players of all time. Almost certainly the greatest of her time. Moore is one of the greatest players of Women's Basketball. I don't think it was a snub.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'
No one will out-do Stewart, who was Final Four most outstanding player four times in leading UConn to four championships. She averaged 17.6 points and 7.8 rebounds in her Huskies career. Now with the Seattle Storm, she has won the WNBA's MVP award, two league titles and an Olympic gold medal while still just 26 years old.'

Final Four most outstanding player four times in leading UConn to four championships.
Final Four most outstanding player four times in leading UConn to four championships.

Reaction Score
Yep, and you could pull Holdsclaw numbers/facts and make a very compelling case that favors her too. They're two of the best collegiate players ever. It's like when this board debates between Maya/Stewart/DT for best UCONN player ever. There isn't much separating the top tier players and as a result, there usually isn't a consensus. For the top players you can make a compelling case for each being the best of the best depending on what you value, whether it be stats, titles, leading a team with less talent, awards, etc.
Holdsclaw is my favorite Tennessee player and I dont have a problem with her being picked over Maya. She could play any position on the floor if needed. She won 3 NCs and beat an undefeated UConn team to win one of those Championships!

Reaction Score
Haven't dared check the Vols site - I am sure they are disputing the #3 - just more Uconn Bias at ESPN (you know ESPN is located in CT - nuff said! :eek:)

On reflection, I think the article split the baby with numbers 3 and 23, giving one to a UConn great and the other to a Tennessee great.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guessing they have more pressing concerns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom