The Best UConn Team Ever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Best UConn Team Ever

Reaction Score
Without a doubt our best squad ever. Every piece fits to perfection.

Reaction Score
With 6 titles, our title wins have been 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 years apart. Someone mentioned it as a possibility a few years ago but honestly speaking I thought back to back was unachievable. UConn are a team of destiny. 6 titles in 25 years!
I said it after last year.

5, 7, 3, 9, and the only missing one was 1.

It also coincided with 2004, 2014, 2024 dual titles with the women (who should have gotten a shot against South Carolina but were robbed).

Reaction Score
this was one of the most enjoyable teams to watch play in any sport. Unselfish. Smart. Talented. Relentless.

A pleasure to watch
They loved each other, they loved their roles, they were unselfish, they were tough physically and mentally, they were smart, they were crafty, and nothing fazed them.

Reaction Score
watching this team on offense was like watching the harlem globetrotters playing the Washington generals

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I give exactly zero sheets about who thinks UConn is "blueblood" or not at this point. "We run college basketball", call us whatever you want.

Reaction Score
When we hired this man years ago, we had many doubters.

He's turned all you doubters into dust.

For the final time this season;

In Hurley, we trust.

Probably going to need 2 to 3 new coaches next year with promotions at other programs

Reaction Score
Best college team ever you make sure tell everyone that.

Reaction Score
This was the most dominant team in the history of modern statistics....and it's not particularly close.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I truly think this was the best UConn team ever. As DH has been saying, it was bulletproof. No weaknesses.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I truly think this was the best UConn team ever. As DH has been saying, it was bulletproof. No weaknesses.
We went through (some of us) that whole thing of worrying that his bulletproof statement was bulletin board material. Maybe it was. But it completely didn't matter, because he was right.

Reaction Score
Probably not by individual talent but I think when you factor in coaching (offensive system, game planning, etc.) I’d probably agree with you.

That’s not a knock on Calhoun, but the game has evolved and Hurley is on the absolute forefront of that evolution as far as college coaches go. This squad just took so few bad shots all year and was able to manufacture easy high-efficiency looks better than any past UConn squad.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Perusing other team's message boards, the recurring statement "It's like they are playing a completely different game" comes up often. I don't know if any team can replicate what we just witnessed, but the blueprint has been laid.

I love the fact that I can watch games with my 11 year old and point to someone like Castle and Karaban, and say "that's exactly how I want you to play the game".

Reaction Score
With 6 titles, our title wins have been 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 years apart. Someone mentioned it as a possibility a few years ago but honestly speaking I thought back to back was unachievable. UConn are a team of destiny. 6 titles in 25 years!
Now let's get the 3peat and go with 2, 4, 6 and 8. Wouldn't mind that next 21 years.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Probably not by individual talent but I think when you factor in coaching (offensive system, game planning, etc.) I’d probably agree with you.

That’s not a knock on Calhoun, but the game has evolved and Hurley is on the absolute forefront of that evolution as far as college coaches go. This squad just took so few bad shots all year and was able to manufacture easy high-efficiency looks better than any past UConn squad.

JC's the best BUT he NEVER had a half-court offense like this. Never.

And yeah, I meant, as you said, that this is the best TEAM. The whole was greater than the sum of its parts. That's the opposite of the '06 team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom