The Best Student Section in the Country!!! | The Boneyard

The Best Student Section in the Country!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Halfway through the first quarter

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 112

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that UConn doesn't have students that live in state.

Reaction Score
They missed a thriller, get used to it if next year we are on the bottom staring up again...

Reaction Score
Next week will be the same. I prefer to look at the empty chair backs that have NEVER been full this year.

Reaction Score
Next week will be the same. I prefer to look at the empty chair backs that have NEVER been full this year.

This always blows my mind, too. There's never more than 50% of the chairback seats actually populated. Are all of those paid for?

Reaction Score
I hope they are paid for. If not then its Stop that my seats are not better then they are.

Reaction Score
The student section has always been a joke....the crowd shows up late and leaves early. Makes me sick every time I hear that announcer say that.

Reaction Score
You know what really makes me sick is when we are clearly getting beat and they do the "drive of the game" in the third quarter, and then the "play of the game" in the fourth. We're losing. There is no play of the game. I'd like to see the dropped pass of the game, or the missed tackle of the game. It's like a parallel universe they live in.

Reaction Score
You know what really makes me sick is when we are clearly getting beat and they do the "drive of the game" in the third quarter, and then the "play of the game" in the fourth. We're losing. There is no play of the game. I'd like to see the dropped pass of the game, or the missed tackle of the game. It's like a parallel universe they live in.
Your not kidding.What a freakin joke.All this crap needs to go,including the bimbo.

Reaction Score
Another example of why we don't need more student seats. Every year somebody argues we should expand the student section, make it easier for students to go to the games....blah, yada, blah.

Nearly every game I watch half the student section pour out of the stadium at the end of the third quarter. It doesn't matter when the game starts, they can't be bothered to watch more than the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Reaction Score
In past years the student section has been mostly terrific, IMHO.

This year not so much. Today was their worst effort. You can't tell me there were not enough in state students to fill their sections or close to it.

I think it shows that when students are in session the game is a party. When they're home they can't be bothered. "No bus to bring me to the game"? Fuh get about it.

Reaction Score
I been sitting down there every year since the Rent opened. It took a couple seasons for the students to really learn how to cheer at a football game (meyself included). Other than the first year or two though, this is by far the weakest season by far for the student section. There just are not many kids sitting in there who really care about the team, yelling the entire game. It is very frustrating.

It also frustrates me when the stadium is pretty much empty the entire 4th quarter, yet when I walk out after the game is over, the blue lot is still 3/4 full with tailgatersa. It would be awesome if 3/4 of the people attending games cared more about the product on the field than the products in their coolers or on their grills.

Reaction Score
Yea, but this year it seems the products in the coolers bring more enjoyment than the product on the field...

Reaction Score
You know things are bad when they blast "Sandstorm" on the PA to start the 4th and the other team is the one dancing to it.

Fickle & indifferent fans, no playmakers, predictable offense, receivers dropping balls, QB play that frustrates you to the point where you don't even want to care anymore. A bad season that's already been clouded with the reality of conference realignment looming.

It's been a brutal autumn.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
One thing to start off with is to get rid of the DJ IMO. Sorry man.
Secondly it is a complete disgrace the student section is the way it is, especially being a student myself.

Reaction Score
This isn't all that surprising considering (1) UConn's on break, (2) the game was at noon, (3) the stadium is a half hour from the school, and not everyone has cars, (4) Louisville is a mediocre opponent, and (5) the team isn't that good. Still a weak effort by the students...but not surprising.

UConn really ****ed up not figuring out a way to put the stadium on campus, but whatever. It is what it is at this point.

Reaction Score
This was the most energy sapping crowd in years. If teams truly feed off the home crowd, today the Huskies starved to death. You can make all kinds of excuses for poor attendance, but none of them really matter. The stadium needs to be better attended or we're destined to be a Conference USA type of program. And disingenuous hype doesn't get it done either. Despite what you read about crowd size, I was informed today by the man who knows all the real numbers that the largest paid crowd this year was 28,746. I bet some of you bought that 40,000 hype. BlueWhiteKid is right---the tailgating is simply more appealing than the game for too many.

Reaction Score
This was the most energy sapping crowd in years. If teams truly feed off the home crowd, today the Huskies starved to death. You can make all kinds of excuses for poor attendance, but none of them really matter. The stadium needs to be better attended or we're destined to be a Conference USA type of program. And disingenuous hype doesn't get it done either. Despite what you read about crowd size, I was informed today by the man who knows all the real numbers that the largest paid crowd this year was 28,746. I bet some of you bought that 40,000 hype. BlueWhiteKid is right---the tailgating is simply more appealing than the game for too many.
Tell people in the parking lots if we want a chance, they need to be in the stadium!

Reaction Score
As a season ticket owner in the upper chairbacks, on the 50 yard line, I don't sit there because the environment is too lame. I sit down closer to the student section. There are four others in our section that do the same.

I don't know how many others decide to stand or sit elsewhere, but at least a little perspective.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

40,000 has always been a ridiculous number. The place only seats 38,500. The numbers have been ridiculously padded for years, but they have been ridiculous this season. 34,483 yesterday is a funny number. Half way through the first quarter there was a LV section that had 1 single person sitting in it.

I could have rolled a grenade down the bleachers in front of me and not hurt anyone. There was no one with 20 yards in any direction of me in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
You know things are bad when they blast "Sandstorm" on the PA to start the 4th and the other team is the one dancing to it.

That really pissed me off... and the UConn sideline was standing there watching it. The team seems to have very little fire. Watching another team dancing on YOUR field is NOT what you want to see. Heck - during warm-ups it was reported that Louisville forced our players out of the endzone where they were stretching. Not looking for mid-field confrontations but protect the house!

Reaction Score
It all starts with the students. They own a large part of our lack of tradition and support for our athletics. I think the band has done a good job but they cannot do it alone.
Late into the game, early to leave, no shows, they are one of the worst student sections in the country. That’s right UCONN students I’m calling you out, USUCK.
I don’t even want to think about when the RU fans start their cheer and the Uconn students, our life blood, are either in the parking lot or at home. I hope I’m wrong, there is nothing better than our students in their seats and cheering and getting the crowd going. The fans need you, this team needs you, please don’t disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom