The Best has just gotten Greater | The Boneyard

The Best has just gotten Greater

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its almost unfair with the talent Geno has and is bringing in. We need to get healthy and stay healthy. Its gonna take sometime for the underclassman to get going but we are so loaded with the commitments we just got and the icing on the cake is Jana. Fans have mention more NC's well I will agree with that and say multiple NC's and perhaps a run a undefeated seasons. Ive said this before. Geno attracts top players because of what he has accomplished. He has built a program second to nun. Girls want to be a part of it. Girls want the opportunity to play for Geno and UConn. For foreign players its a dream to come to America and play for Geno. When you get the opportunity you have to take it. When you talk about all the great coaches in all sports no coach has accomplished what Geno has. Simply put Geno is a living legend.

Looking at UConn and their future over the next 5-6 years its unbelievable the talent we have. Geno continues to get better and we as fans can Dream Big and even Dream Bigger Now with the kids who are coming in next season. I am so-o excited about where we are and where we're headed. You know what? I was a little upset to see the polls over the past two seasons. I felt we were not ranked fairly and last season we proved it. Then the remarks... well UConn is playing at home in CT and then the NCAA lands Uconn with the tuffest schedule in the NCAAs...and then won with a team that was not healthy. Now this season we are ranked 6th and Im thinkin your kidding right. With all our talent we're ranked 6th??? I feel we were better then that. Then Tenn looses and Im thinkin maybe Im right. Well we will see on Monday nite against Texas who is ranked 3rd in the polls. Again this season we are not healthy with 2 players out for the season and other players still recouping from last years injuries. I just hope Caroline is healthy and can come back and play Monday.

It will be interesting this season with the NCAAs being in Seattle and SC. Gotta wonder how much we hear about a home game for SC. Just sayin. Geno's loyalty to his players goes far beyond when they leave UConn. He is always there for his players coaches student managers and for everyone involved with his teams.

So tonight we start our season. We've got Griff back and from what I saw from her Nika and Yanna they all bring high energy, enthusiasm, and fire to the team. We may lack height but we dont lack scoring power or defense this season. Because of that I expect UConn to get on a roll. Tonite we get a good idea of what is coming. Monday will be a battle. The game is on FS1. I expect a win on Monday. Even though Texas lost 4 players last season pollsters feel they got better. UConn lost 3 starters and pollsters feel UConn didnt get better and I attribute to Paige and Ice out for the season. However thats how the pollsters feel and thats not how I feel. Did you ever walk into a dark room and feel scared? We all have. Thats what it is like ranking UConn 6th in the preseason polls.

Reaction Score
Its almost unfair . . .

It will be interesting this season with the NCAAs being in Seattle and SC. Gotta wonder how much we hear about a home game for SC. Just sayin. Geno's loyalty to his players goes far beyond when they leave UConn. He is always there for his players coaches student managers and for everyone involved with his teams.

. . .
LOL.

Talk all you want and let them talk. Doesn't matter. When Greenville saw our 2019 recruiting class, they made sure the bid for the Regional was right in the senior year of that class.

What will be interesting is how many SEC teams are shipped to the West after playing the SEC Conference Tourney in Greenville too.

Good luck til February 4!

Reaction Score
I think in the next few years you are going to have a couple of teams vying for the championship. See too much parity for any team to go 5 to 6 year runs. Just not going to happen like that anymore, unless one team pulls in a monster class.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Well, there is this:

1668107473158.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL.

Talk all you want and let them talk. Doesn't matter. When Greenville saw our 2019 recruiting class, they made sure the bid for the Regional was right in the senior year of that class.

What will be interesting is how many SEC teams are shipped to the West after playing the SEC Conference Tourney in Greenville too.

Good luck til February 4!
Lol, you have to admit that is one heck of an structural advantage, making the daunting task of beating South Carolina this year even more formidable. That isn’t a knock, in any way, against the program. As you and I have discussed on a few occasions, I have great admiration for the job Dawn has done, and continues to do, at South Carolina.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think in the next few years you are going to have a couple of teams vying for the championship. See too much parity for any team to go 5 to 6 year runs. Just not going to happen like that anymore, unless one team pulls in a monster class.
That’s a good thing, right? I mean unless it’s the university of Connecticut going in a five or six year run, then that is a better thing.

Reaction Score
That’s a good thing, right? I mean unless it’s the university of Connecticut going in a five or six year run, then that is a better thing.
Yeah that is a good thing. It makes the sport fun to watch regardless of what team you support.

Reaction Score
South Carolina with that depth, that athleticism, and that speed. It is going to be fun to watch it all develop over time.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It gives them 35 fouls to use on Dorka and Aaliyah. :p

Aaliyah actually made her foul shots tonight, so that might not be a great strategy.

Reaction Score
Isn't Aaliyah typically a good foul shooter? She has great form on her foul shot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It gives them 35 fouls to use on Dorka and Aaliyah. :p

Aaliyah actually made her foul shots tonight, so that might not be a great strategy.

Aaliyah has been an 80+ % FT shooter for the latter half of last season on. That is one reason she is even better than her Freshman Year. Add better outside shooting and better understanding of feeding the post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom