The Best Fan Base Ever | The Boneyard

The Best Fan Base Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't care what anyone says anymore about the so called suits, and old timers at the game. This victory was all fans. On TV it looked as if they picked the team up and carried them to victory. Sorry but they seemed to want it more than the players.

Congrats to the Husky Fan Base the true 6th man and the best player on the team today!

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Thursday we were pathetic and the worst ever. Not saying you said that Kitaman but that was the gist throughout the fan base at large. Today we are the greatest thing ever.

All I know is I have been there all three days and it was especially loud last night and tonight. I don't need a medal, I just need every fan to join me there again tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Tickets are like literally in a black hole where you can't get them. Not sure how people are expected to buy tickets not for sale

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tickets are like literally in a black hole where you can't get them. Not sure how people are expected to buy tickets not for sale
Bought 4 about 20 minutes ago from the XL Center website, but of course the situation is fluid...

Reaction Score
Thursday we were pathetic and the worst ever. Not saying you said that Kitaman but that was the gist throughout the fan base at large. Today we are the greatest thing ever.

All I know is I have been there all three days and it was especially loud last night and tonight. I don't need a medal, I just need every fan to join me there again tomorrow!
I also respect that none of you sat in the first half with that long arse opening drought. That one act said it all, as I'm sure it was tough/frustrating to do.

Even the TV announcers kept commenting on that.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I also respect that none of you sat in the first half with that long arse opening drought. That one act said it all, as I'm sure it was tough/frustrating to do.

Even the TV announcers kept commenting on that.

There were a number of people sitting. I was not one of them but that's just me. I get too excited to sit.

But I think the students were the ones who never gave up hope. I give all the credit to them. They were up chanting and cheering the whole game and I think a lot of the crowd took notice and followed the lead. But there were times that some people were sitting around. I wasn't happy with the crowd at the beginning of the game but they got into it.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Should ask mod to change title but the crowd tonight was amazing.

Still many empty seats - not as bad as this though...best fan base ever is mucho debatable.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 24
Reaction Score
Crowd sounded ridiculous on TV. Every single time we did anything to give us even a sliver of hope the place went nuts.

Got tickets so I'll be part of it in person tomorrow.
It was insane...at times. What an afternoon!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!

Reaction Score
I much enjoy the setup with the students on the risers at each end. Keep that going forward

Reaction Score
First ever official Big Red DOUBLE U-C-O-N-N cheer. Been to a lot of games for a lot of years and that was the first time I've ever heard a back to back UCONN cheer. Wow
Yes I didn't remember another. Everyone was in tho!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
First ever official Big Red DOUBLE U-C-O-N-N cheer. Been to a lot of games for a lot of years and that was the first time I've ever heard a back to back UCONN cheer. Wow
I have definitely seen a back-to-back Big Red before. Can't remember when, but I know I've been there for at least one previously.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Yes I didn't remember another. Everyone was in tho!

He did doubles Friday night, too.

Reaction Score

Ok, so we are a slightly enTITLEd fanbase. I guess it comes with the territory. I hope the XL is ready because I am not sure it has ever been as loud as it will get today!

And yes, you deserve a medal for going to UConn vs South Florida, in the 6-12 game of the AAC tournmanet.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Ok, so we are a slightly enTITLEd fanbase. I guess it comes with the territory. I hope the XL is ready because I am not sure it has ever been as loud as it will get today!

I see what you did there. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There were a number of people sitting. I was not one of them but that's just me. I get too excited to sit.

But I think the students were the ones who never gave up hope. I give all the credit to them. They were up chanting and cheering the whole game and I think a lot of the crowd took notice and followed the lead. But there were times that some people were sitting around. I wasn't happy with the crowd at the beginning of the game but they got into it.
Whatever you saw didn't come across the television. I saw a rocking, engaged fan base during the 8 minutes the team had a pulse. It sent shivers down my spine and made me wish I lived closer to CT.

I bet anything that if UConn gets into the NCAA tournament a good number of the talking jerks will say the only reason was because of the advantage UConn had with its fans similar to last years MSG. I hear you Charles!!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Whatever you saw didn't come across the television. I saw a rocking, engaged fan base during the 8 minutes the team had a pulse. It sent shivers down my spine and made me wish I lived closer to CT.

Correct.

And outside of those 8 minutes, most people, except the students, sat on their hands instead of trying to inspire a comeback. It was not the best crowd when Tulsa was up 7. But they got into it when we started showing signs of life.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
wanna talk about fired up? watch ollie in the huddle after boats tying three with 1:42 left... STRAIGHT FIRE!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom