The Best at the Fast Break | The Boneyard

The Best at the Fast Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing is more exciting than to see your team off on a fast break and nothing is more frustrating to see them fail to score. I can think of two players who superb at the fast break. Kemba Walker is an easy pick. He was incredibly quick and could accelerate past opponents leaving them no choice but to foul. Usually he was out-of-reach for the foul. The other one that I liked goes way back. Al Weston was a Connecticut native who seemed to always score on the fast break. I watched a lot of Uconn games and never saw him fail.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ollie and Doron Sheffer to the Marshalls was the peak of the running Uconn teams. Routinely went from baseline to scoring without the ball hitting the floor often after a made basket.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I liked Ricky moore and kea getting the ball up to Saunders and freeman

Reaction Score
The best I've seen is Donny Marshall on the fast break. Those long strides with a soccer background really helped him ...

Reaction Score
Next year when we see Napier, Boat, and Calhoun/XRM going at it.

Reaction Score
The best I've seen is Donny Marshall on the fast break. Those long strides with a soccer background really helped him ...

Sheffer to Donny has my vote.

Reaction Score
marcus williams all day err day. wouldnt kill you with speed or explosiveness but always gave it up at the right time

Reaction Score
04 team ran with swag
Gotta agree with this. There were just so many offensive weapons and they all could finish at the rim on a fast break. This video highlights a lot of that.

Reaction Score
Chris, Scottie and Dove made you holler!

Due respect to the other nominees, but the Dream Season team is the answer. Press, fastbreak, that was our game to an extent never seen since.

Reaction Score
Donny is like the last of the mohegans when it comes to getting out and flying down the other end. He made a career of it and did it exceptionally well....

We do need to remember though, you need people who can make that pass....it is an art for sure, the long chest pass leading the guy in the right place. Doron was the best simply put (actually Nadav was too), KO was good and Marcus was also good. Having said that they also had people who could rebound the ball and throw an outlet pass with authority........Doron had different guys but Travis was an exceptional outlet guy and Marcus had Josh and Hilton.....

Need to not just get a rebound, but be able to get it to the outlet guy fast and with some precision......again our guys last year didn't do that well and some couldn't pass anyway........

In order for that to happen this year our guys will need to rebound the ball and throw it out because there's no doubt we have finishers.......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
+1000 Though relentless effort and focus he the most out of his skills. He's a favorite of mine.

Reaction Score
Doron was one of the best outlet passers in UConn history.

I'll go one step further, he was one of the best in all of college hoops. What a great deflater for the other team when after they struggle on offense and finally score, Doron passes full court to Donny in full stride for an easy layup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom