The benefit of playing in the AAC this year | The Boneyard

The benefit of playing in the AAC this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We are in a pretty tough spot right now. Simply put, not playing good basketball at all.

I never like to make assumptions about a whole season this early, but things seem to be on a trajectory to go very south very quickly. That being said I do see a bit if a silver lining to the situation we are in.

Yesterday we were complaining about how the AAC hurts us by not providing chances to earn good wins. Today it feels like that isn't really even an issue anymore. We are not playing for seed right now. We are simply playing to make the NCAA Tournament at this point.

The silver lining? Essentially, playing in the AAC means we have more time than usual to figure this out. This team is not done until it loses in the AAC Tournament. Would it be nice to have the bid tied up before March? Yes. If we were in a decent league it might actually be harder to recover. We have the benefit of playing in a league where, hopefully, things won't snowball into a situation we can't recover from. Worst case scenario we have to win 3 games in a row at the XL Center in March. We have the talent to do that in this league.

Reaction Score
Well yippee. We have a chance to be the most valuable piece of trash in the dumpster. Awesome

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We are in a pretty tough spot right now. Simply put, not playing good basketball at all.

I never like to make assumptions about a whole season this early, but things seem to be on a trajectory to go very south very quickly. That being said I do see a bit if a silver lining to the situation we are in.

Yesterday we were complaining about how the AAC hurts us by not providing chances to earn good wins. Today it feels like that isn't really even an issue anymore. We are not playing for seed right now. We are simply playing to make the NCAA Tournament at this point.

The silver lining? Essentially, playing in the AAC means we have more time than usual to figure this out. This team is not done until it loses in the AAC Tournament. Would it be nice to have the bid tied up before March? Yes. If we were in a decent league it might actually be harder to recover. We have the benefit of playing in a league where, hopefully, things won't snowball into a situation we can't recover from. Worst case scenario we have to win 3 games in a row at the XL Center in March. We have the talent to do that in this league.
Absolutely! We have three really tough OOC games ahead. I am really hoping that we can pull one of those out. However, by the end if January, this team will be firing on all cylinders. Kick butt in the American/take care of business and end the season on a strong note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom