The Benedict affect on UConn MBB | The Boneyard

The Benedict affect on UConn MBB

Reaction Score
I truly hope he understands the recent success we've had (4 NCs from 1999 thru 2017, not too shabby) and doesn't rock the boat too much...

He seems to get College Football way better than anybody we've ever had, but he's gotta be careful tinkering with our strengths (Men and Women Basketball)

Reaction Score
I understand that, but I think the worst thing he could have done was come in and be passive. This is his gig and his job depends on the success of our basketball program. I am sure he is an ally of Ollie and supports him fully. Heck maybe his support was a catalyst for this shake up.

I have been impressed with Benedict so far, and it is clear he wants to not only maintain, but build on UConn prestige.

Reaction Score
I truly hope he understands the recent success we've had (4 NCs from 1999 thru 2017, not too shabby) and doesn't rock the boat too much...

He seems to get College Football way better than anybody we've ever had, but he's gotta be careful tinkering with our strengths (Men and Women Basketball)
How has he tinkered? He had to sign on to our hiring the Asst from Washington. Get us more TV cash!

Reaction Score
No one in their right mind would tinker suggest or say anything regarding the women's program to Geno. He's got that completely under control

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
What affect has he had? Please elaborate...

The Men's team has stunk the last 3 years and I'm not even sure the Women have lost a game since he was appointed.

Grasping for straws here.

Reaction Score
What affect has he had? Please elaborate...

The Men's team has stunk the last 3 years and I'm not even sure the Women have lost a game since he was appointed.

Grasping for straws here.
25 wins. They stunk!

It was not the year we hoped for, but we have to stop pretending 25-11 is terrible.

The year before that? Yup. Last year? Yup.

Reaction Score
If anything Athletic Director Dave has shown an uncanny ability to market UConn basketball.

I recall a period not to long ago that Geno would not allow cameras in the dressing room and the idea of an HBO series would have never been entertained. Clearly A.D.D. got to Geno and persuaded him UConn needs to highlight UConn women's basketball. Sadly UConn football and basketball has been down to one cylinder lately (Women's basketball) but there is not another brand in America in any sport which is as strong as the UConn women. Good on the school for marketing our best strength right now.

IMO A.D.D. knows how important continued success in both men's and women's basketball is for UConn's future. Basketball won't get us into a P5 alone but it could certainly hurt us if the men's program continues to struggle.

Bottom line, I've seen nothing to indicate A.D.D. does not understand how to build winning programs and he will give KO all the support he needs to improve our current product. I still believe KO can right the ship and should get a couple of years to work it out but if we are where we are now in the 3 years then I have no doubt A.D.D. will move in a new direction.

Sometimes "rocking the boat" is the right move....UConn men's basketball has a great history but it is exactly that...history. "Passive willful ignorance" is never a solution once a problem is identified and the last three years may indicate some issues. I am actually encouraged that KO made some staff and personnel changes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How has he tinkered? He had to sign on to our hiring the Asst from Washington. Get us more TV cash!

Tough ask in this conference. Is what it is.

Reaction Score
Hope what's happening isn't the Benedict Effect :eek:

DB - "KO need to fire Glen Miller or you step down. We need fannies in the seats and need some changes in order to do so"

KO - "OK boss but know there will be a trickle down effect as we are a big family here at UConn, just saying!"

Reaction Score
Hope what's happening isn't the Benedict Effect :eek:

DB - "KO need to fire Glen Miller or you step down. We need fannies in the seats and need some changes in order to do so"

KO - "OK boss but know there will be a trickle down effect as we are a big family here at UConn, just saying!"

Eh, I tend to trust Athletic Director Dave's instincts over "family", which hasn't done much for us lately.

Reaction Score
KO has had total control and been given every benefit of the doubt. Benedict should be stepping in and his first call should be getting JC involved in saving the flaming wreck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom