The Batman | The Boneyard

The Batman

Reaction Score
Just got home from seeing The Batman in IMAX and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very dark take on Batman compared to previous movies, but much more true to the detective aspect of the Dark Knight. Pattinson absolutely nailed the role, very different from Christian Bale or Ben Affleck's take on the character. Honestly I'm looking forward to seeing it again. The only thing I didn't like was Paul Dano's performance as Riddler. I just think he's a chronic over actor, the only movie I liked him in was Little Miss Sunshine, but I can also admit that I get annual tickets to the player haters ball.

Movie is just shy of 3 hours though, so next time I'll opt for a reclining seat theater instead of IMAX.

Reaction Score
Just got home from seeing The Batman in IMAX and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very dark take on Batman compared to previous movies, but much more true to the detective aspect of the Dark Knight. Pattinson absolutely nailed the role, very different from Christian Bale or Ben Affleck's take on the character. Honestly I'm looking forward to seeing it again. The only thing I didn't like was Paul Dano's performance as Riddler. I just think he's a chronic over actor, the only movie I liked him in was Little Miss Sunshine, but I can also admit that I get annual tickets to the player haters ball.

Movie is just shy of 3 hours though, so next time I'll opt for a reclining seat theater instead of IMAX.
Saw it tonight and liked it but im not sure i loved it. I thought the third act while good was the weakest part of an otherwise truly outstanding film. Absolutely loved Zoe Kravitz Catwoman. Colin Ferrel unrecognizeable as Penguin was great. Jeffrey Wrights Gordon was good but he didnt make Gordon his own. Pattinson was outstanding as Batman. He knocked it out of the park. Dano as Riddler was fantastic and bone chilling throughout but then got a bit campy after the diner scene. A bit dissapointed in him for that.

The soundtrack to the film was amazing. One of the best ive heard in years. Gotham City was portrayed better than any film before. Matt Reeves really brought it to life in a way that felt like a real city that seemed to be an complete cesspool. The way the story came together was great and the connections between all the characters felt beleivable and unforced.

A couple things i did not like was how Batman assaults a bunch of police officers but then is surounded by police later on and its as if it didnt happen. A character gets shot with a rifle then is walking around with little assistance 5 minutes later. The run time was too long. It couldve been 15 minutes shorter and still told the same story. Finally i absolutely HATED! the lame, fan service and completely unnessassary cameo at the end.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been reading Batman forever. But that first Burton movie was so ponderous I stayed away ever since (Nolan trilogy excepted). But I think I might see this one because I just read the directors goal is to build a Bat-verse. I like that idea and think it can work. Have the rest of the heroes in the DC Universe with token cameos each way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom