"The Basketball World At Her Feet" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"The Basketball World At Her Feet"

Reaction Score
I remember reading a quote by Kiah Stokes about freshman Breanna Stewart. It was along the lines of she doesn't look like she would play very well, but when she gets on the court your opinion changes quickly. Paige is in fine company.
Yup

Reaction Score
PB sounds like another Taurasi, but there will not be another Taurasi. There may be a new PB but that remains to be determined. Hopefully, hopefully, she will have a great last year in high school and stay healthy and mentally strong. Perhaps, she will also focus on strengthening her legs, and arms in addition to honing her basketball skills. In any event, she certainly gives glimpses of what her contributions may be for the Team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The connection IS [drum roll please] I have seen the best up close over many years and i m able to judge talent when I see it. I coached for the Liberty Belles whose alums included Chamique, Sue Bird, Shay Doron, Tina Charles, my All-NY-City daughter among others. I know talent when I see it and as my pal superscout Joe Smith used to say, "Bring your game; not your name" AG will lead the Huskies next year in scoring, eh?

Coach Jumper, Coach Jumper ...are you in there? :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, Rocky, Paige has 'tude. Between her skills and demeanor, she is very similar to Diana. People with names like Auriemma and Lawson think that. Paige could be our best recruit under 6' ever--even better than Sue or Moriah.

"As a competitor you just love being in that type of game, being in that situation. Sure you get nervous .. with a gold medal on the line. But those moments are what you live for."

Attitude is a big, big factor. And I do greatly admire the way she sees the court and distributes the ball. She's no "me, me, me chucker". When she has the ball in her hands you sorta feel the way when D does and did: something good is going to happen.

Reaction Score
The connection IS [drum roll please] I have seen the best up close over many years and i m able to judge talent when I see it. I coached for the Liberty Belles whose alums included Chamique, Sue Bird, Shay Doron, Tina Charles, my All-NY-City daughter among others. I know talent when I see it and as my pal superscout Joe Smith used to say, "Bring your game; not your name" AG will lead the Huskies next year in scoring, eh?
Let’s hope you’re right because if AG has the talent to get enough playing time to lead the team in scoring (or even close to it) then the future looks even brighter for the Huskies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry .. Aubrey Griffin will start and lead the team in scoring ..
Yea, I'm gonna say....nope. She "may" start, but I have my doubts about that too. If Westbrook is cleared, the starting lineup will be Dangerfield/Williams/Westbrook/Walker/ONO. (assuming no injuries). If not, then Griffin has a chance to start. But I could see Adebayo, Irwin or Camara starting before her. But no guarantees there. Geno will pretty much always start a Sr over a Fr if possible.

However, I can guarantee that Griffin will not lead the team in scoring. If she does, that wouldn't be a good thing. That would mean some major injuries to the team.

I would offer a "bet", but last time I did that, the poster who lost, left the board never to be seen again.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Back to the topic at hand - old news but still great fun. Roll it:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I just feel that Aubrey has so many different ways to score inside and outside and she is capable of putting up big numbers esp in transition .. hey, I could be wrong .. believe it or not I've been wrong before! haha
btw .. if u r truly donalddoowop pls listen to a few tunes on my website www.nydoowop.com
Definitely will do.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I just feel that Aubrey has so many different ways to score inside and outside and she is capable of putting up big numbers esp in transition .. hey, I could be wrong .. believe it or not I've been wrong before! haha
btw .. if u r truly donalddoowop pls listen to a few tunes on my website www.nydoowop.com
After looking at page one it is easy to see you know your DooWop. I am going to enjoy looking at all the pages. Many of the songs I have had for a long time. I'll get in touch with you in the Inbox later.

Reaction Score
Actually FIBA says its "the whole world" that is at Paige's feet. Little hyperbole perhaps, but this is a big article about her staying true to herself. Nice piece. Good pictures.

Bueckers: Balling before social media, the UConn legacy, learning from Taurasi and Irving

"Right now, the Minnesota native is only 17-years-old and yet has more than 100,000 followers on Instagram, with the added kudos of the verified 'blue tick' for good measure.

However, she is acutely aware of a concern within the sport that some young players are in danger of getting famous before they have any kind of resume or basketball pedigree.

"That is exactly it right there. One of my biggest aims is to get neither complacent or have a sense of entitlement - I can't allow any kind of fame or attention affect me," said Bueckers.

"I have done a lot of things as a young player and as I get older, I want to keep doing more things and to be successful. Staying humble is one of my aims, because whatever is happening on social media, I don't want my game to ever go backwards."

Sounds like she's got her head screwed on straight. You can never have too many of those in this world.

Reaction Score
Yea, I'm gonna say....nope. She "may" start, but I have my doubts about that too. If Westbrook is cleared, the starting lineup will be Dangerfield/Williams/Westbrook/Walker/ONO. (assuming no injuries). If not, then Griffin has a chance to start. But I could see Adebayo, Irwin or Camara starting before her. But no guarantees there. Geno will pretty much always start a Sr over a Fr if possible.

However, I can guarantee that Griffin will not lead the team in scoring. If she does, that wouldn't be a good thing. That would mean some major injuries to the team.

I would offer a "bet", but last time I did that, the poster who lost, left the board never to be seen again.

Reaction Score
Of course a lot depends on Geno, but I think AG will start or else get significant minutes bcuz of her rebounding .. if she plays a lot [bcuz of her rebounding] she will score a LOT inside&outside&in transition [she's a natural-born & opportunistic scorer] .. altho I haven't really seen her play, I have a gut that EA will c playing time too!

Reaction Score
After looking at page one it is easy to see you know your DooWop. I am going to enjoy looking at all the pages. Many of the songs I have had for a long time. I'll get in touch with you in the Inbox later.

Reaction Score
I think you will be pleasantly surprised after you click on the hyperlink, "Page 45" [on the left]

Then click on your favourite 45RPM record .. happy listening :)

Reaction Score
Let’s hope you’re right because if AG has the talent to get enough playing time to lead the team in scoring (or even close to it) then the future looks even brighter for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Yes .. with KLS & NC gone, the Huskies will have a whole new look .. and i m excited bout it! ... I have seen her play and I feel that AG's all-around skills [including rebounding] will get her ample playing time .. EA too!

Reaction Score
Am I missing something??? Paige won't be here next season, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom