The Badass Award for the Tulane Victory. . . | The Boneyard

The Badass Award for the Tulane Victory. . .

Reaction Score
katieloubadassWJonathanSmall.jpg

Reaction Score
Honorable mentions to Kia Nurse and Saniya Chong. Chong had no turnovers again. I am impressed and have seen a marked improvement of Saniya's game.

Gabby's moves to the basket are a thing to behold. What athleticism and smoothness at the same time.

Reaction Score
Honorable mentions to Kia Nurse and Saniya Chong. Chong had no turnovers again. I am impressed and have seen a marked improvement of Saniya's game.

Gabby's moves to the basket are a thing to behold. What athleticism and smoothness at the same time.

Yes, and Kia actually passed the ball to Lou when she was in a position to score (first offensive play to start UConn's 3rd quarter).

Reaction Score
This Badass was a little easier to award. Katie Lou had slow start but then exploded and had an outstanding game. Not only with the scoring but her defense, getting in the passing lanes. Great game KLS.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not much California left in that girl's game!
Thought the whole team played pretty well, but from midway through the second quarter to the end of the third Lou was unstoppable and anticipating really well on defense as well - and the official scorer at UConn is being a hardass on assists and blocks - because I am pretty sure Lou had more assists than she got and I know she had a block which might have been given to Butler or just missed.

I was also really surprised at the rebound totals - thought she had more.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou didnt play in the 4th quarter and Lou didnt score in the first quarter. Her 32 points were scored with 9.25 remaining in the 2nd quarter to 2.02 remaining in the 3rd quarter or over a period of 17 minutes and 33 seconds.

Reaction Score
Lou didnt play in the 4th quarter and Lou didnt score in the first quarter. Her 32 points were scored with 9.25 remaining in the 2nd quarter to 2.02 remaining in the 3rd quarter or over a period of 17 minutes and 33 seconds.

Talk about padding the ppm and efficiency stats.

Reaction Score

Pheesa and Gabby seemed to take themselves out of the game with early fouls. I believe that was the trigger for Lou's sensational night. Of course Williams was still doing great stuff, but Lou inserted herself as soon as it became apparent that she was more needed than usual. That's the essence of "having your back." And oh what a relief it was.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Pheesa and Gabby seemed to take themselves out of the game with early fouls. I believe that was the trigger for Lou's sensational night. Of course Williams was still doing great stuff, but Lou inserted herself as soon as it became apparent that she was more needed than usual. That's the essence of "having your back." And oh what a relief it was.

Award of The Badass Award to Lou for her incredible play in quarters #2 and #3 was the essence of low-hanging fruit.;)

Reaction Score
Yes that is correct---I was hoping Geno would let her stay in for two more baskets--36 or 38 --
for nothing more than to add to her --personal best. She played 29 minutes and got 32 points
not bad--in a past game Collier got a point a minute--these kids are good!!!!

Reaction Score
Not much California left in that girl's game!
Thought the whole team played pretty well, but from midway through the second quarter to the end of the third Lou was unstoppable and anticipating really well on defense as well - and the official scorer at UConn is being a hardass on assists and blocks - because I am pretty sure Lou had more assists than she got and I know she had a block which might have been given to Butler or just missed.

I was also really surprised at the rebound totals - thought she had more.
I think the official scorers really miss a lot of stuff.

Reaction Score
Tough game for Gabby? Looks like she may have a shiner and a fat lip for a few days.

photo: Ian Bethune/The UConn Blog

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom