The Badass Award for the Nebraska Victory. . . | The Boneyard

The Badass Award for the Nebraska Victory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . goes to The Team! :):):):):)

All nine UConn Huskies played and contributed to Win#11/86. A good case could be made for several individual awards but there's no way to justify three, even four, Badass Awards when playing such an overmatched opponent.

So, in addition to the customary "W" for winning, we will chalk up One Badass Award for The Team! :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think KLS and Kia are joint Bad Asses tonight. As much as I love Naphessa and Gabby, KLS really looks unlimited to me. She really looks like she is toying with the opposition. Kia joins in because she is such a steady influence providing leadership when the starters sit out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was never so glad to see Saniya Chong as I was tonight when she subbed into the game. I'm very glad to see her back. I did not know she was cleared to play before seeing her enter the game.
Tonight was a good night in more ways than one. A nice win, everyone got to play, and no one got hurt (that we've heard of). The team is still on a roll. The team has earned a well deserved rest over the Christmas break, and so have WE. :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was never so glad to see Saniya Chong as I was tonight when she subbed into the game. I'm very glad to see her back. I did not know she was cleared to play before seeing her enter the game.
Tonight was a good night in more ways than one. A nice win, everyone got to play, and no one got hurt (that we've heard of). The team is still on a roll. The team has earned a well deserved rest over the Christmas break, and so have WE. :cool:
Yeah! Great to see her back on the court and playing well. In the post game on radio she said she was really tired after having lost some of her conditioning since her last game - she had 29 minutes tonight.

Maybe she deserves a Badass - takes a licking and comes back ticking and all!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The award goes to Lou and Kia, but Napheesa and Gabby really played their hearts out. Gabby and Napheesa were rebounding, stealing and blocking all over the place. I was glad to see Saniya was able to play. It was a surprise, because they said she would miss 2 games Ohio State and Nebraska.

Honorable mention - UConn's team and Nebraska's fans

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
1dfbb814c059a978a0249a66ba6c0035.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This "award" is becoming even more meaningless everytime we keep choosing more than one player IMO.
Spot on! The shear name of this thread is about making an unequivocal statement that says "Here's the ace of spades, I win the pot! How do you like that!!!" Instead you've just given it out like a "participation trophy" and said "hey we all played nice...". When the game was in the balance it was KLS who threw down that ace of spades and said "NOT TONIGHT Huskers!".

Reaction Score
Participation trophies? Please don't go there. These are college athletes not the 5th grade after school basketball club. :)

I didn't see the game so just looking at the boxscore the one who scored the most points (with a decent FG%) seemed to be pretty valuable and I would say a player with a double double (with 15 rebounds) might deserve a notice or two. Yes I know stats don't mean everything.....

Reaction Score
This "award" is becoming even more meaningless everytime we keep choosing more than one player IMO.

In that spirit, may I propose Nebraska. It's a gutsy move to agree to host a steamrolling force knowing it is, quite literally, out of their league. And they backed it up, if not with points, then with an uncommonly large crowd, gracious coach, and gritty play.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
All comments noted. For the record:
11 wins, several against ranked/competitive teams;
victories in 5 states, 6 arenas;
2 players (Pheesa & Lou) playing at AA level;
2 more (Gabby & Kia) playing at All AAC level; and,
UConn ranked #1 nationally -- unanimously.​
Badass Awards:
Pheesa - 5
Lou - 4
Gabby - 4
Kia - 2
Crystal - 1
Nat - 1
Team - 1
(Total - 18)
:)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with TEAM---BUT! Go back and look at the tape---Kia opened up many of the paths for KLS or Collier to get to the basket or make the open shot---Follow Kia throughout the game--
Stupid me I was looking at NUMBERS for Kia---her game is not NUMBERS--it's allowing the "STARS" the openings they need.
A lot of that can be said for Gabby---
I am now A GABBY and KIA fan. They both put on a blue shirt just before the games and dig in and do the work for others to score!!!

Reaction Score
Didn't all ten players get in the game? We do have ten members of the team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree with TEAM---BUT! Go back and look at the tape---Kia opened up many of the paths for KLS or Collier to get to the basket or make the open shot---Follow Kia throughout the game--
Stupid me I was looking at NUMBERS for Kia---her game is not NUMBERS--it's allowing the "STARS" the openings they need.
A lot of that can be said for Gabby---
I am now A GABBY and KIA fan. They both put on a blue shirt just before the games and dig in and do the work for others to score!!!
It is interesting because the first impression was that Gabby was going to be the, or one of the primary scoring options - but both of the juniors on this team have taken on the responsibility of setting up the two sophomores to be the primary scoring threats. I think they call that LEADERSHIP and our juniors are doing it very nicely, thank you!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I agree we should narrow this award down to only one player per game. Against the Cornhuskers, it was definitely Lou, IMO...
katieloubadassWJonathanSmall.jpg
I appreciate your suggestion and LOVE the Lou-Badass-Trophy, but I see no need to change the philosophy that has worked well for a season (38 games) plus 11 (so far). It's informal, unofficial, and stimulates positive Boneyard discussion -- even trophy designs, like yours.:)

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Altho' I really shouldn't participate, being only a "grazer" now, I non-the-less think Nat is the bomb!!! If there hadn't been a lid on the basket most of the time when she had her chances, she would have single-handedly taken apart anybody's team!!!

Reaction Score
It is interesting because the first impression was that Gabby was going to be the, or one of the primary scoring options - but both of the juniors on this team have taken on the responsibility of setting up the two sophomores to be the primary scoring threats. I think they call that LEADERSHIP and our juniors are doing it very nicely, thank you!

You saw what I saw ---Both! I knew Gabby was working her tail off to setup Napeesa and at times KLS---I was surprised when I made an effort to follow Kia on the floor, and that ain't easy, she'd take out opponents one after the other--and clear a path for Katie to score.
I'm truly impressed with BOTH Juniors. Thanks for reminding me it was BOTH , and unusual juniors settup scoring for Soph!! Interesting.. Look up leadership---I think you found the definition above in your posting--pictures of Kia and Gabby..

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If I really need to choice one, my vote go to Saniya because she made me so happy last night.
Chong's dribble drive and kick out was a thing of beauty... some went in some didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom