The Athletic - WNBA anonymous draft scout | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Athletic - WNBA anonymous draft scout

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Honestly, I really didn't see any of the three going in the first round. Hope I'm wrong.
I'm torn on this too. However, after seeing Diana & Sue's reaction when discussing the draft during their show on ESPN last week, there may have been quite a few questionable draft decisions, so you never know.

Reaction Score
I think Westbrook was amazing for us, but lacks the speed and athleticism since injury to stick in the league. Also doesn’t shoot at a high enough efficiency to have that fact overlooked. Could be very wrong, but that’s my initial impression.

I think ONO has the potential and size going for her. But I’ve always felt she lacked the coordination as a basketball player to make the easy plays look easy. Catching a pass in rhythm for a layup has never seemed in rhythm to me. I just look at the other 5 players in the league and don’t see how she competes. But she’ll definitely grab a roster spot as a reserve.

I think Williams has long lasting staying power in the league. She has the speed and strength to excel at this level, and may benefit from the one on one style of the W. If she keeps improving her shot, I don’t see why she can’t be a capable bench rotation player.

Not the strongest class we’ve sent to the draft, but I expect all 3 will be picked, and most likely at least 2 make a roster this season.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I worry about how injuries incurred during the Final Four (Liv's groin, Evina's leg) will affect their draft status. I can imagine that teams may pass on them if they don't think they can participate fully in training camp in a few weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom