The Athletic Top 25 '23-24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Athletic Top 25 '23-24

Reaction Score
Shaka is a great coach. Before last year he would have been the only coach I would consider trading for Hurley. Kolek is a mystery to me. He does not stand out in any way but by the end of the game he has 18-20 points 5 assists and 6 rebounds. I am thinking that that Castle is going to be a tough match up for him this year. Hopefully we can return the favor and sweep them this year.
Texas fans would disagree. My son in law is a Texas grad and a big fan. They despise him and think he’s terrible

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I could see nova as back end top 25 worthy, but I think anyone having them top 15 is jumping the shark a little. Not sure I love Justin Moore at point, Dixon provides no resistance at the cup, guys like Bamba/Burton/Hart are solid vets, but they’re all learning new roles and don’t qualify as “stars.” But they’re without a doubt more talented and proven than last seasons team. I’d probably have Providence and St John’s slightly ahead.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’d probably pick St John’s over Nova tbh.

Their starting 5 is up there with anyone in the conference talent wise. Big East looking to be the best conference in college hoops again for sure.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think we went 1-2 against them last year, no? We blew them off the court when we hosted them if I recall correctly. Still, I very much want to sweep or take the season series against them this coming season
Yup forgot about the blowout. I guess I remember the losses more than I do the wins. :):)

caw

Reaction Score

Actually surprised PC isn’t getting more love nationally. Solid returning players and a maybe a coach not plotting his exit midway through the season.

Carter and Hopkins alone should get them some national publicity.

Reaction Score
Texas was a bad fit for Shaka. That’s a big time school with a severely flawed hoops program and culture. Shaka can coach

IMO his failure is as much an indictment on Texas hoops culture as Shaka. If he can't make Texas a perennial basketball powerhouse, I'm not sure anyone can.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Texas fans would disagree. My son in law is a Texas grad and a big fan. They despise him and think he’s terrible
Not sure what happened there other than it’s Texas and even though they have had some good regular seasons…..they are and always will be a football school ….and for the last 20 years or more a very mediocre football school.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Winning at Kansas is a very difficult thing to do; few teams can do it. But it will be important for UConn.

Why? Because some of these conferences are so top heavy. In fact, Kansas has only Baylor at around #20 to contend with. Meanwhile UConn has not only a tough OOC slate, but 6 games against BE teams ranked in the top 11. And you add St. John's, and you have a dogfight.

I can see a similar year to last year with a good conference record, 3rd place finish, and meanwhile the committee will make the same mistake again and give the 8th ranked team a 4 or 5 seed.
If we go undefeated OOC again with our schedule we better be a top two seed somewhere. If we do not have a better conference regular season it will be tough to be better than 4-5 seed. With our OOC SOS we have to be a 14+ conference win team and break even on the tough OOC games to get a high seed. Would love to see it but Kansas is a tough ask in Allen FH.

Reaction Score
If we go undefeated OOC again with our schedule we better be a top two seed somewhere. If we do not have a better conference regular season it will be tough to be better than 4-5 seed. With our OOC SOS we have to be a 14+ conference win team and break even on the tough OOC games to get a high seed. Would love to see it but Kansas is a tough ask in Allen FH.
We are most likely not going undefeated in our OOC schedule. It’s not the norm. We had a magic run-enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Moore, Bamba, Burton, Hart and Dixon are a heck of a top-five, while Armstrong/Ware/Arcidiacono provide depth.

Not sold on Neptune, but huge shoes to fill.
And that impressive depth also includes Jordan Longino (let's see if he makes the jump after an injury-riddled year) and a capable 3 point shooter in Hausen.

Nova has the talent; but as others suggest Neptune needs to demonstrate his coaching chops.

Reaction Score
And that impressive depth also includes Jordan Longino (let's see if he makes the jump after an injury-riddled year) and a capable 3 point shooter in Hausen.

Nova has the talent; but as others suggest Neptune needs to demonstrate his coaching chops.
Hausen is the best shooter Nova has ever had.

Reaction Score
Not sure what happened there other than it’s Texas and even though they have had some good regular seasons…..they are and always will be a football school ….and for the last 20 years or more a very mediocre football school.
A very rich mediocre football school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom