The Army Navy Game.... | The Boneyard

The Army Navy Game....

Reaction Score
it's what college FB is supposed to be!!!

Watching the Pre-gam for several hours now and the stories never fail to deliver. Very impressive all the way around!

So glad the scumbags that have ruined college FB have not been able to touch this historic event in any way!

Go Navy!

Reaction Score
Even though its going to be hard to see against the snow, I love the Army all whites. Even so, go Navy! Beat Army!

Perfect unis for today! They are in honor of the 10th Mountain Division, the Army's cold weather Gurus! My Marine unit trained with them several winters doing cold weather ops in Fort Drum NY. They are cold weather Studs!

As an aside..... Fort Drum is a god forsaken piece of frozen hell! Any Army personnel stationed there should be offered Hawaii as their next duty station as a reward for surviving that hell hole!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm loving the unis for both sides. The all whites are awesome in this weather and even more fitting considering the unit they represent are the cold weather squad for the army.

Love the Blue Angels unis for Navy.

Game has been great to watch too!

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Perfect unis for today! They are in honor of the 10th Mountain Division, the Army's cold weather Gurus! My Marine unit trained with them several winters doing cold weather ops in Fort Drum NY. They are cold weather Studs!

As an aside..... Fort Drum is a god forsaken piece of frozen hell! Any Army personnel stationed there should be offered Hawaii as their next duty station as a reward for surviving that hell hole!
Fort Drum is a tropical paradise compared to Fort Wainwright, Alaska. I've been stationed at both. Fort Drum's -18 degrees was nowhere near Fort Wainwright's -50 degrees.

Reaction Score
Fort Drum is a tropical paradise compared to Fort Wainwright, Alaska. I've been stationed at both. Fort Drum's -18 degrees was nowhere near Fort Wainwright's -50 degrees.

Yeah, I can't compare ft drum to Alaska as I've never been but I will take your word for it, as clearly Alaska is cold as f! I will say that I have been awarded the Navy Artic Service Ribbon for deploying above the Artic 4 times in my career and have my Blue Nose and I will say that there was only one time the Arctic was colder than ft drum in my experience. Two training experiences at ft drum that stick out... One was When we had to ski out of the training areas with all out gear on our backs EVERY time (3 times in 3 weeks) we inserted bcuz the cold temps prevented the helos from flying due to hydrolic lines freezing and hummers which were our backup extract couldn't get us bcuz the snow was too deep. It was fun skiing for 10 days straight and I lost 15 pounds during that training evolution but a gut check nonetheless. The next time I had about 90pounds of gear on my back skiing in the western training areas when we came across a large pond with the ambient temp around 9* and a foot and a half of snow on the ground and still snowing. We said there is NO WAY this body of water isn't frozen so as a team leader I went first. I got about 40 ft (per my gps) before I broke through the ice on my skis and full gear. My guys were able to get me a line and drag me out and had to change me into dry clothes as I lost all control of my body due to the violent shaking while hyperthermia was setting in. One guy had to hack out one ski that got caught under the ice with an axe bcuz without it, I wasn't getting out! Had to mount up after some warm soup to get my core temp back up or I was done! It worked out but after the fact we found out that the temps were close to 50 the previous week! Something Range control failed to include in their Intel brief!!!! I guess it's all timing based on your experience and it sounds like yours weren't to bad but mine sucked!

BTW..... Who the hell did u pizzzz off to get stationed in Alaska and Ft Drum in an enlistment!!??? No one can be that lucky!!! LOL

Reaction Score
Dad was an Air Force pilot, son in law is retired Navy.

All I can say is go Army! (Always root for the underdog) :D

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can't compare ft drum to Alaska as I've never been but I will take your word for it, as clearly Alaska is cold as f! I will say that I have been awarded the Navy Artic Service Ribbon for deploying above the Artic 4 times in my career and have my Blue Nose and I will say that there was only one time the Arctic was colder than ft drum in my experience. Two training experiences at ft drum that stick out... One was When we had to ski out of the training areas with all out gear on our backs EVERY time (3 times in 3 weeks) we inserted bcuz the cold temps prevented the helos from flying due to hydrolic lines freezing and hummers which were our backup extract couldn't get us bcuz the snow was too deep. It was fun skiing for 10 days straight and I lost 15 pounds during that training evolution but a gut check nonetheless. The next time I had about 90pounds of gear on my back skiing in the western training areas when we came across a large pond with the ambient temp around 9* and a foot and a half of snow on the ground and still snowing. We said there is NO WAY this body of water isn't frozen so as a team leader I went first. I got about 40 ft (per my gps) before I broke through the ice on my skis and full gear. My guys were able to get me a line and drag me out and had to change me into dry clothes as I lost all control of my body due to the violent shaking while hyperthermia was setting in. One guy had to hack out one ski that got caught under the ice with an axe bcuz without it, I wasn't getting out! Had to mount up after some warm soup to get my core temp back up or I was done! It worked out but after the fact we found out that the temps were close to 50 the previous week! Something Range control failed to include in their Intel brief!!!! I guess it's all timing based on your experience and it sounds like yours weren't to bad but mine sucked!

BTW..... Who the hell did u pizzzz off to get stationed in Alaska and Ft Drum in an enlistment!!??? No one can be that lucky!!! LOL

Oh yeah one night last February I forgot my phone in my car and was too lazy to throw on shoes so I ran out and got it barefoot, talk about cold!

In all seriousness though that is an insane story :cool::cool:

Reaction Score

You have to understand that the 10th Mountain was the basis for the huge surge in post-war skiing even though they did virtually no skiing in Italy. They DID do a lot of things like rock climbing and construction of cable suspended lifts. If you are in the 10th you LIKE cold weather and snow like the rest of us who do outdoor sports in the winter. Cold is not a big deal.

Btw, Fort Drum gets lake effect snow and public roads go through parts of it. The snow banks often are much higher than cars.

Reaction Score
As a U S Army Veteran I was thrilled to see Army win two years in a row. Always a great game. I love that Navy is in the AAC but....

Go Army!! Beat Navy!!

Reaction Score
As a U S Army Veteran I was thrilled to see Army win two years in a row. Always a great game. I love that Navy is in the AAC but....

Go Army!! Beat Navy!!

You get a "like" ONLY for,your new avatar!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom