The Army juggernaut is losing at halftime | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Army juggernaut is losing at halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WKU's RB had 345 yards rushing. One dude.

We had 353 yards total. The entire team.
That was the NCAA high for the year so far. Gordon of Wisconsin just passed him and LT for the NCAA record. 408 after 3 quarters.

Reaction Score
We are just not a very good team right now. That Army loss was horrible. At this point, there is a HUGE question mark hanging over Diaco's head since we really don't know if he is the right coach. We are certainly under achieving this year even with the talent we got.

We can't beat Army. It won't be pretty when we play Navy.

Reaction Score
If I never came on this board I wouldn't have known this. Damn boneyard

Reaction Score
Diaco's spin for last week was we are not a very good football team but not as bad as when he got there.

It doesn't appear you need to be a very good football team to handle Army and I think last year's bad UConn team would have so Bob's spin doesn't pass the smell test.
You mean the 2013 Huskies who got blown out at home by a 1aa team? Or the one that was embarrassed by Buffalo? Or the one who lost at home to a 2-10 South Florida squad? Sure they would handle Army. Sure.

Sometimes I wonder if people think before they post, because a lot of posts do not pass the smell test.

Reaction Score
You mean the 2013 Huskies who got blown out at home by a 1aa team? Or the one that was embarrassed by Buffalo? Or the one who lost at home to a 2-10 South Florida squad? Sure they would handle Army. Sure.

Sometimes I wonder if people think before they post, because a lot of posts do not pass the smell test.

Last year's Towson team would have wrecked this year's Army team.

And the 2013 Huskies you think so poorly of, well we still need to win another game this year to match 2013's win total. This despite being much better than when Diaco arrived.

Reaction Score
Last year's Towson team would have wrecked this year's Army team.

And the 2013 Huskies you think so poorly of, well we still need to win another game this year to match 2013's win total. This despite being much better than when Diaco arrived.
You mean that team that won 0 games until Cochran came in? The team that Whitmer lead to loses to Townson and Buffalo?

Who is the QB of this team?

But yea, it is Diaco's fault he cannot manure into diamonds.

But tell me more about this hypothetical 2013 Townson v. 2014 army matchup, its fascinating

Reaction Score
You mean that team that won 0 games until Cochran came in? The team that Whitmer lead to loses to Townson and Buffalo?

But tell me more about this hypothetical 2013 Townson v. 2014 army matchup, its fascinating

I'd have more respect for making excuses for Diaco if you at least said "Give him more time."

But bringing up not having Cochran like last years team did at the end? Ole Bob was yanking a healthy Cochran out of games THIS year to put Whitmer in. During drives! So much for that reason.

The team was not manure the 2 weeks vs ECU and UCF. We should have won last week.

Reaction Score
I'd have more respect for making excuses for Diaco if you at least said "Give him more time."

But bringing up not having Cochran like last years team did at the end? Ole Bob was yanking a healthy Cochran out of games THIS year to put Whitmer in. During drives! So much for that reason.

The team was not manure the 2 weeks vs ECU and UCF. We should have won last week.
So the team looked good against ECU and UCF (teams so much better then Army or any team we beat last year), which clearly showed marked improvement from the start of the year when we were an absolute dumpster fire, but because they play poorly against Army and lose a game they could have won with a competent QB who does not throw it to the other team, Diaco is bum?

What *&^ kind of thinking is that?

Reaction Score
The team that won their last 3 games under Weist would have beaten Army. Diaco needs more time but at the moment he is trending on the negative side. We won't know for 2 more years if he was the right hire, but as with Ppgdl when looking back you saw a negative trend which showed in year one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There was no fight to the 2013 team. There was half a hope that if they went down by 7, they might make it close or even score a touchdown. That hope was gone if they went down by two scores. The game at Temple was an absolute fluke.

If the 2013 team found themselves in the same position as the team did last week, forget about a comeback that almost was or a chance to score in the fourth quarter.

I don't think Whitmer is a very good QB (I don't it's his fault necessarily), but if he's the best one on the team, what does that mean about Boyle?

Next year's starter at QB is not on the team.

Reaction Score
Dude from Wisconsin had 400+ yards against Nebraska. I guess Nebraska must really suck.

Reaction Score

Referring to the players as manure is effed up. If you want to put nothing of the Army debacle on the coach is one thing but manure... really, when you know parents and recruits read these boards. Were not good, still should have been better than Army though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone who wants UConn FB to be relevant should stop talking about quarterbacks and look at how Wisconsin wins games.

Reaction Score
Referring to the players as manure is effed up. If you want to put nothing of the Army debacle on the coach is one thing but manure... really, when you know parents and recruits read these boards. Were not good, still should have been better than Army though.

I wouldn't use those words but people are going overboard blaming the coaches only. I've been critical of Diaco but at some point you might have to acknowledge that maybe part of the problem is that we just don't have the players. I know the BY likes to deal in black and white but in the real world more times than not it's a shade of grey.

Reaction Score
If Joe Moorhead or TJ Weist were the head coach right now, then we would have a better record.

Well, both as head coaches have demonstrated the ability to lead teams successfully to wins so while completely hypothetical, that's not an unreasonable conclusion.

All you can do is hope that our coaches learn and improve. The weeks of planning that went into the game planning for Army was sheer stupidity from a first time head coach, and was symptomatic of the approach we have taken to playing the game all season long.

We have a large recruiting class coming in, and time will tell if we will continue to have the level of talent to compete in this conference for league titles. I think we will.

Coaches coach and players play. Both need to do their jobs better than the opponents to win.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't use those words but people are going overboard blaming the coaches only. I've been critical of Diaco but at some point you might have to acknowledge that maybe part of the problem is that we just don't have the players. I know the BY likes to deal in black and white but in the real world more times than not it's a shade of grey.
I believe it is both. Those kids were not really in position to stop the option. There is equal blame for that on both the players and coaches. Like I said, we are not good. There are playmakers at WR the RBs have shown flashes, and the OL is rapidly improving. The defense has players at every level, though a little less at LB than I thought. I'm still blown away by how he shut the offense down completely against equally awaful teams like Tulane and USF but I've move on.

Reaction Score
It is called hyperbole.

Reaction Score
Hope our coaches watch this game when they prepare for Army game next year. WKU showed how to dominate and beat an under sized Army team on both sides of the ball. On defense they had safeties up and had their linemen attack and blow up the play and have the backers and DB clean up. Army is disciplined and will gain some yards but if we play aggressive scheme will stop them. On offense their line just dominated and wore down the smaller Army line. We should try to do the same that where we pound the ball with Johnson and Max. Only problem is that while our line has improved in protection, a big part of run blocking is a mentality to aggressively look to destroy your opponent and except for Cruz have not really seem that this year from the guys who have been out there.

Reaction Score
The team that won their last 3 games under Weist would have beaten Army. Diaco needs more time but at the moment he is trending on the negative side. We won't know for 2 more years if he was the right hire, but as with Ppgdl when looking back you saw a negative trend which showed in year one.

No. We will know this time next year. I would hope that if this isn't MUCH better by the end of the next year we pull the plug. Can't do 3 years of this.

BTW - I'm EXPECTING it to be much better next year, and I think he was the right hire (based on the candidate pool we were shopping in). But we need results, and can't wait forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom