The Answer to Our Offensive Woes | The Boneyard

The Answer to Our Offensive Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
should be Scott Mc Cummings. Here's why:
  1. Run the Option Offense -our oline can create holes, is not adept at pass blocking, our recievers are ok and we have some depth @ running back. While we can't be Georgia Tech -we can be effective in gaining large chunks.
  2. Passing becomes limited but so do qb options and reads. Element of surprise leads to open recieivers when defenses do not "stay at home".
  3. Nebrich could run it in relief.

Reaction Score
+1.

I'd like to see what McCummings can do too, even with the threat of some fumbles. He's an athelete and he's got a years worth of practice, scout team, and acclimation to college football speed on Nebrich.

Reaction Score
ugh we didn't go here after the first game did we? seriously, this post is more depressing than the game...

J

Johnny Husky

I would stop watching UConn if they became an option offense. The Army-Navy game last year was so incredibly boring its not even funny.

Reaction Score
You can make an argument for pretty much every quarterback we have right now. Nebrich has an upside, McCummings can at least run the ball, not sure what you can say about Johnny Mac after that game, but I guess you can justify it that it was his first real game, on the road so he might get one more opportunity. My guess is that he starts Friday but with a very short leash. If our offense is going nowhere by halftime, we'll see a new quarterback in the second half. Don't know who it will be, but we'll see one.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Playing to the strengths and avoiding the weaknesses. We haven't scored an offensive TD against a BCS opponent in over 3 games!!! That is depressing- so something has to change. This could be it!!

Reaction Score
I would stop watching UConn if they became an option offense. The Army-Navy game last year was so incredibly boring its not even funny.
Quick,

Call Coach P. No option. We'd hate to lose you, Johnny, even if it means we win some games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom