The Announcers tonight | The Boneyard

The Announcers tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those of you that could listen to the game, I actually really liked them. Gottlieb and someone else. Despite rambling on about everything else besides the game going on (partially to the blowout), actually sounded like 2 guys that loved the game and who played it who were able talk about their experiences and what they saw on the court.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gottlieb can be douchey, but he knows the game and is actually a very good color guy. Really enjoyed tonight's broadcast.

Reaction Score
I think most of the Gottlieb hate stems from when he went on live TV and advised Roscoe Smith to de-commit after the St. John's beat down in the 2010 BET. That was indefensible, but generally I tend to like him and consider him pretty fair in his commentary.

Reaction Score
I think most of the Gottlieb hate stems from when he went on live TV and advised Roscoe Smith to de-commit after the St. John's beat down in the 2010 BET. That was indefensible, but generally I tend to like him and consider him pretty fair in his commentary.
I mean, I personally see that as a catalyst for 2011.

Reaction Score
I also thought they were a good team and delivered well in a blow out. Thought the golf stuff with Lappas/Dunphy was entertaining too…….

Reaction Score
Gottlieb is a darn good color analyst, not so good in a studio role where he has to provide his opinion. Lappas was pretty good tonight too. Not sure who did play by play but for a crew you never get to hear, they weren't bad.

Reaction Score
Who was the one who said UConn is the worst rebounding team he's seen even as they were killing Temple on the boards? I was in the other room and didn't know who said it.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb was talking about the '95 team, saying they were possibly better than all three NC teams, and Lappas was like "we beat them by 25 in the BET final". Pretty good banter.

His radio show is a little dry, whenever I listen it's just a series of endless monologues. Gotta take a call once in a while.

Reaction Score
I have to throw my full support behind any crew that has one guy say, " . . . we got f--ked in this place," and the other two guys don't bat an eyelash. That's how it should be done. Get Dickie V to drop bomb on occasion and I'd actually take him off of my banned sounds list - "Diaper Dandy baby!"

Reaction Score
I've watched a bunch of MWC games the last few years and I'd take the lead CBSSN crew, which consists of Gottlieb, Lappas, and unknown color guy any day of the week over these D lists announcing ESPN crews that we've been stuck with the past few years(mainly Tim Welsh). Plus their HD feed is much crisper than ESPNU/ESPN3. Also, I know I will be in the minority, but as an analyst in 2014 and the immediate future, Gottlieb>Bilas.

Reaction Score
His show is awful and should stick to basketball. If not for his smoke show co-host Allie Laforce I would never stop to watch.

Reaction Score
His show is awful and should stick to basketball. If not for his smoke show co-host Allie Laforce I would never stop to watch.
Never heard of her before this so I had to look her up. Yup, I'd watch that show!

Reaction Score
I had never heard Gottlieb do color and was pleasantly surprised. Not as good as Bilas or Raftery though. Raftery doing Big Mondays then the BE tournament. Ah, those were the days.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I had never heard Gottlieb do color and was pleasantly surprised. Not as good as Bilas or Raftery though. Raftery doing Big Mondays then the BE tournament. Ah, those were the days.
ONIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer