The Angels of Death Metal Documentary on HBO | The Boneyard

The Angels of Death Metal Documentary on HBO

Reaction Score
HBO has a GREAT documentary on the band "Angels of Death Metal" which was the band playing onstage during the attacks in Paris on November 2015. This was at the Bataclan theatre.

I came across it on my HBO GO and watched it. Very well done and very insightful into the band, its background and a 1st hand account of the terror attack in Paris.

I didn't know anything about the band before watching this doc and was surprised to learn that they are not a death metal band or even a metal band - just a good 'ol bluesy Rock N Roll band.

Highly recommended.

Reaction Score
The band is actually called the Eagles of Death Metal. I watched based on this recommendation and I agree, it was very good. I'm a big Queens of the Stone Age/Josh Homme fan, and it was a good look into the band EODM, how it started, and the events leading up to and including the attack. Definitely worth watching.

Reaction Score
The band is actually called the Eagles of Death Metal. I watched based on this recommendation and I agree, it was very good. I'm a big Queens of the Stone Age/Josh Homme fan, and it was a good look into the band EODM, how it started, and the events leading up to and including the attack. Definitely worth watching.

I definitely screwed that one up. Yes, most definitely: Eagles of Death Metal is the correct name.

I'm glad you liked it.

Reaction Score
I am a big QOTSA fan too. I like Eagles as well. Really good documentary. Just unbelievable how monstrous the attackers were that night.

Reaction Score
I am a big QOTSA fan too. I like Eagles as well. Really good documentary. Just unbelievable how monstrous the attackers were that night.

Yes, the attackers were absolutely brutal. They were there shooting for over 2 hours. I'm surprised (and relieved) that more people weren't killed. There was no police response in the club for 2+ hours and these guys were heavily armed with guns and grenades / explosives.

The EODM band guys seem cool and genuine. Good band and the QOTSA connection was new to me and good to see.

Reaction Score
Yes, the attackers were absolutely brutal. They were there shooting for over 2 hours. I'm surprised (and relieved) that more people weren't killed. There was no police response in the club for 2+ hours and these guys were heavily armed with guns and grenades / explosives.

The EODM band guys seem cool and genuine. Good band and the QOTSA connection was new to me and good to see.

Have you listened to Them Crooked Vultures? It's another Josh Homme side project with Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones.

Reaction Score
Have you listened to Them Crooked Vultures? It's another Josh Homme side project with Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones.

No I haven't. I will check it out though. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom