OT: - The American Discovery Symphony | The Boneyard

OT: The American Discovery Symphony

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Ten years ago, on May 24, my wife and I finished our 5,000 mile walk across the country along the American Discovery Trail, to reboot our lives and her brain health in the face of cognitive decline. She improved during our journey but regressed afterwards; for the past three years she has been in hospice care here at home while I continue on as her full time caregiver.

Projects done at home help to keep caregivers sane. My biggest project was composing the American Discovery Symphony, an orchestrated travelogue and love story about our journey from 2011-2012. Practicing the music daily, set to slides from the journey, was a good way to revive an important chapter of our lives for Cindy, a la The Notebook, but I eventually got the itch to actually present it to others. The Yale Summer School of Music obliged and will premiere the symphony on May 24, the tenth anniversary of the finish.

The Music Shed in Norfolk, Connecticut is an ideal concert hall and has witnessed musical luminaries from Dvorcak to the Tokyo String Quartet. The headliner for the performance will be Rhonda Larson, Grammy winning flutist. The acclaimed Chorus Angelicus will be providing vocals. And there is, um, a certain Boneyarder playing classical and acoustic guitars.

Please find below a link to register for attending this free concert. I also will provide a link for a zoom concert featuring just live guitar with all other parts synthesized, so you can get a sense of this unique symphonic production. Please come and spread the word!

Go Huskies!
Kirk Sinclair, aka
Diggerfoot and Humanity Hiker

American Discovery Symphony Registration

American Discovery Symphony Zoom Concert

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Just bumping this the first of two times before May 24.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Last bump. Symphony is tomorrow. Sunday’s rehearsal went well.

Puparoni

Woof!
Reaction Score
I've only watched the first movement but this is a beautiful tribute. Plan to watch more as time allows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom