The ACC Kiss of Death.... | The Boneyard

The ACC Kiss of Death....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Miami, Virginia Tech., BC, Cuse, Pitt, Louisville.

What school has left the Big East for the ACC and has flourished?
Hell, Miami is lagging behind UCF in football these days. Cuse is going on probation.
Boston College has disappeared in Boston, much less the rest of the country.
Pitt? take a gander of Jaime Dixon's comb over and that will tell you the story,
VT? Used to be a power in football.

The one school not allowed to join the conference, UConn, won two national championships last year.

It won't be long before East Carolina is besting Wake Forrest and NC State in all sports.

All they got is Okafor, leaving, NC about to be banned for years and that old bald guy with the big mouth from Sarasota.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We won three, actually.

Edit- there were actually two schools not allowed in- us and WVU, who had a strong BCS Bowl tradition while in the BE and is now enjoying their best hoops season since their FF team a few years back.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Haven't been amped for a game since the Duke game. Florida, a little bit, but not really.

I want no part of the new Big East, but I sure miss the fire in my belly I'd get from your normal regular season Villanova or BC game.

Everyone's beneath us. I know the standings don't show that, but that's just how it is. We're in a mid-major conference. I'd take the ACC in a heartbeat, just like letsgohuskies11 said.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I would too. I figured that went without saying haha.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree with the OP. I want no part of the ACC for UConn. I want the B!G.

Unless there is no chance for the B!G. Then I want the ACC and be the one exception to the jinx.

Reaction Score
Obviously the ACC or Big Ten would be way better than what we have now, but the whole system is screwed up either way. Conferences aren't meant to have more than 12 teams - ideally you should play everybody once in football and twice in basketball. The mega-conferences are diluting the product, IMO. Give me the old Big East back where we play PC, BC, 'Nova, G'Town, Seton Hall, St. Johns, Cuse, and Pitt twice a year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm in the minority but I'd prefer the ACC to the B1G.

Absolutely no history in the B1G aside from Rutgers football the past decade.

ACC is the best hoops league, with our most rivals and we actually could envision competing in football.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
ACC
B1G
B12
PAC
SEC
-----------
Put us in any one of those five and I'd be happy. Obviously the last two aren't feasible, but you get my point.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
ACC
B1G
B12
PAC
SEC
-----------
Put us in any one of those five and I'd be happy. Obviously the last two aren't feasible, but you get my point.
With you until PAC.....You think our travel schedule is bad now, imagine that. I think there's something to be said for the travel being a negative factor on team performance.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
With you until PAC.....You think our travel schedule is bad now, imagine that. I think there's something to be said for the travel being a negative factor on team performance.

Hence why I said that PAC and SEC wouldn't be feasible. My point is, as long as we make it into the P5 I'm happy.

Reaction Score
I think we are all on board with UCONN leaving the American, and I am sure the school's administration is too. It is hard to be patient, but hopefully within 10 years we will join a conference like the ACC or the B1G and dig in for the long haul.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think we are all on board with UCONN leaving the American, and I am sure the school's administration is too. It is hard to be patient, but hopefully within 10 years we will join a conference like the ACC or the B1G and dig in for the long haul.
If it takes 10 years, there won't be a men's basketball or football program to bring.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
ACC
B1G
B12
PAC
SEC
-----------

Why isn't the PAC feasible? For travel reasons? Pshhhhh. Marist plays in a football league with San Diego. We can do it! UConn to the Pac12!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If the ACC is the kiss of death, I'm prepared to have it slip me the tongue.

Reaction Score
If the ACC is the kiss of death, I'm prepared to have it slip me the tongue.

Hell, Miami is lagging behind UCF in football these days. Cuse is going on probation.
Pitt? take a gander of Jaime Dixon's comb over and that will tell you the story,

The one school not allowed to join the conference, UConn, won two national championships last year.

It won't be long before East Carolina is besting Wake Forrest and NC State in all sports.

All they got is Okafor, leaving, NC about to be banned for years and that old bald guy with the big mouth from Sarasota.

Reaction Score
Sorry but how is miami lagging behind ucf???miami has better everything

Reaction Score
When we were in the Big East we had those Big Monday games on ESPN that top players from all over the US saw. That's what the ACC still has and we don't. Jim Calhoun used to sell UCONN before we were good because we played Syracuse and Georgetown and players wanted to go up against the best. Bad teams in the ACC can now sell Duke, NC, Virginia, Louisville to get players. We are selling SMU. Please give us the kiss.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm in the minority but I'd prefer the ACC to the B1G.

Absolutely no history in the B1G aside from Rutgers football the past decade.

ACC is the best hoops league, with our most rivals and we actually could envision competing in football.
For the reasons you stated, and because I live in the Southeast and therefore could get the opportunity to see games live, I'd prefer the ACC. However there is a decent probability that major realignment is not finished, that the P5 may end up as a P4, and that the two P5 conferences most vulnerable are the ACC and Big12. The three strongest conferences, SEC, B!G, and PAC would poach the best from those two conferences and leave some as outsiders. UConn could get an invite to the ACC only to find that conference poached with UConn ending up on the outside looking in once again.

Weighing this I prefer joining the B!G.

Edit: and there are some advantages with the B!G in academic collaboration that are preferable to the ACC.

Reaction Score
I would hate being in the ACC.

I understand it may be a necessity but it would suck.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would hate being in the ACC.

I understand it may be a necessity but it would suck.

Why would it suck? I probably hate the ACC more than most, but being in it would be the next best thing to the 16 team Big East.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
ACC is a geographically weak conference. They have four schools jammed into North Carolina and the Florida schools only have fans in the cities that they are located. Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and BC are all outliers with no natural rivalries and fans only in the cities where they are located,. If Big Ten picks up NC and Duke, its cuts the heart and soul out of this conference of carpetbaggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom