The AAC | The Boneyard

The AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Say what you want about the AAC being a conference the fact that Temple, Houston and Navy were in the top 25 for a good portion of the year is excellent for the conference. We might not be in a P5 conference but we aren't in the MAC like some people make it seem.

Reaction Score
You're right. This is a much more respected conference. We can dominate it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
League had a good season.

I think for the die hards that hang out here we understand it's probably somewhat underrated and a decent quality.

It's going to be hard to grow the fanbase without getting out - and the financials are going to get ugly.

Last thing we need is anyone in the admin thinking we are happy with this - so I support all the bitch!ng we can get.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I think for the die hards that hang out here we understand it's probably somewhat underrated and a decent quality.

It's going to be hard to grow the fanbase without getting out - and the financials are going to get ugly.

Last thing we need is anyone in the admin thinking we are happy with this - so I support all the bitch!ng we can get.

Completely agree with this ^. The league has certainly been MUCH better than I ever thought. Clearly the top G5 conference and you can even make a fairly convincing argument against many grandfathered P5 schools. It's where we want to be until we get our invite...which should be what 100% of our efforts are geared towards. To continue being the successful athletic department that we are, the money divide between our regional r1vals and us is too great to overcome. B1G (or ACC) or bust.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with this ^. The league has certainly been MUCH better than I ever thought. Clearly the top G5 conference and you can even make a fairly convincing argument against many grandfathered P5 schools. It's where we want to be until we get our invite...which should be what 100% of our efforts are geared towards. To continue being the successful athletic department that we are, the money divide between our regional r1vals and us is too great to overcome. B1G (or ACC) or bust.

We can't even get into 1 of the 3 Florida bowls that would have been more ideal for our fans to get to. Don't have much faith in this department to get us in P5.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Agree totally. Also, the AAC has been all take and no give when it comes to UConn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I read earlier this week that the Cure wasn't an option for UConn due to a conflict with final exam week.

Reaction Score
The AAC did well this year for such a young conference but the task will be sustainability. Can they keep 3, maybe 4 teams in the top 25 next year and retain that NY6 bowl bid? If so they should be in pretty good shape with a new TV contract around the corner(2018 I believe) and some of the rebuilding teams(ECU, UCF, UConn to name a few) in much better shape to compete for a ranking.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I've followed UConn since the late 70's and SMU since the late 80's (I'm in Dallas). I've been familiar with Houston, Memphis, ECU, etc. for a long time. I knew this conference would be as good or better than the Big East. This year, we're getting more respect as a conference than the Big East ever did.

The only drawbacks are the distances between the schools and the lack of natural rivals. We still belong with Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, Pitt, PSU, and WVU ... and Temple.

Reaction Score
M
We can't even get into 1 of the 3 Florida bowls that would have been more ideal for our fans to get to. Don't have much faith in this department to get us in P5.
While I am with you in having little to no faith in the current leadership to get us into a better league, my view on this bowl is at 6-6 we earned 11am on December 26. If we end up there at 8-4 we have a beef but at 6-6 not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom