The AAC doesn't suck. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The AAC doesn't suck.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think the biggest problem for AAC teams is. A lack of any history and a lack of a solid geography/location. There are no rivalries so fans don’t care about games. Syracuse may have not been as good as UCF or Houston, but we hated that school and it made the game 100x more interesting. This is the biggest reason why our fan base will never fully support this program. There are no rivalries to get anyone excited.

I also wonder why there’s no emphasis to have teams play their closest team on “Rivalry weekend” and to try and at least make it somewhat possible a rivalry starts.

UCF-USF
UConn-Temple
SMU-Houston
Tulsa-Tulane
Memphis-ECU
Navy-Cincy

Easy slate that makes sense. I know Navy is closer to Temple then we are but at least we used to have a small history with Temple (which no one really cares about)

I'd agree but make two changes for rivalry weekend.
Navy-Temple
UConn- Cincinnati

UConn - Cincinnati, although distant, was a great BE contest and "elevate" UConn's footprint to be able to beat Cincinnati @ Cincinnati.....which it has never done.

UConn-Temple was never a good contest for UConn as it was always a struggle to beat a MAC team, and a win wasn't considered a good win. Cincy generally a well coached BCS team who could compete with WVU......perhaps the best BE team left after Miami, BC, VTech left.

Reaction Score
If the AAC were to add another basketball only school UMASS should be considered. I know their basketball isn't strong now, but joining the AAC would help them upgrade and of course it would give us a much needed regional rival. Basketball only though, I wouldn't add UMASS for football.

ARMY, Airforce football only.

UMASS, VCU basketball only.

Can't we get rid of the FB only, BB only expansion baloney. That's what killed the BE and why WVU, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Syracuse couldn't wait to get out when they were overlooked the first time.

Reaction Score
I’d rather have Buffalo than Umass. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me, but I just don’t want a third D1 team directly competing with us in this shrinking market. Yes, I am using the BC argument and I’m fine with it.
in a conference with Buffalo. Where's my gun so I can blow my head off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a better football conference than the post-2004 Big East. Miami and VT leaving was what killed that conference, long term.

Better than the 2010-2011 Big East for sure, but not before that, save 2004.

Reaction Score
Can't we get rid of the FB only, BB only expansion baloney. That's what killed the BE

Many people believe that, I don't.

Are Navy and WS hurting the conference? I'll answer for you, no they are not.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten even has affiliate members now in non-revenue sports. Who thought that would ever happen. Maybe they can invite UConn women's basketball? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom