The 2nd Temple timeout on UCONN's first drive ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The 2nd Temple timeout on UCONN's first drive ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears the pressure, even if there wasn't contact, definitely affected Whitmer's throw.

However ... my original point is that the coaching staff must have really liked this play call. Temple was initially fooled and wasn't bashful about expending a 2nd time out on the opening drive. They called time out, coached their D, correctly adjusted to the formation, correctly read Whitmer's eyes, and ended up trading 2 timeouts for a pick six.

UCONN_Temple6_zpsd1dd0fa0.jpg

Reaction Score
The run back, was a bit flukey too, the DB took the ball completely across the formation and field, if I remember correctly, instead of bolting down the sideline.

I think this is one of those unfortunate instances where players, just make plays, and I agree, in the grand chess match, their defensive coaches, won this one against our offensive coaches.

In the past, in that situation, we'd be slamming the defensive front with a power running game, instead of throwing a deep out from the opposite side hash.

Oh well. next game in 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
12-15 yard depth throw vertically, coming from the opposite hash, to the numbers on a deep out timing throw is a really long throw. Cornerback had plenty of time to read and react.

Probably not a bad decision, in the progression and reads, of the play, but a high degree of difficulty to complete, and the cornerback made the correct read, and then made the play.
Way too much of a play for us to think about at this point. Let's keep it simpler. Long developing plays need to be refiled under GDL.

Reaction Score
Ironically, it was a timing out route to Foxx that was picked off by Boise at a crucial moment. It appears that enough defenses have seen this route and are jumping it. If we had a capable OL, I'd say it's time for a pump fake stop-and-go. But that would require 1-2 extra seconds of pass protection that we simply do not have this season.

Right! Its hard to look off guys or pump fake / double move, when you know in your head you only have 1 -2 seconds to throw it, never mind 1-2 EXTRA seconds.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom