The 2018 CT All-State Football Teams | The Boneyard

The 2018 CT All-State Football Teams

Reaction Score
The 2018 CHSCA All-State Football Teams

>>The 2018 Connecticut All-State Football teams as voted on and selected by the Connecticut High School Coaches Association.

Please Note: The first team is a selection of Connecticut’s Top 26 players overall by the association (in no particular order), who were then moved up from their respective class teams to the Top 26 team.<<

Also note: No non-CIAC schools are included.

Reaction Score
Bloomfield’s Ky’Juon Butler, Maloney’s Victor Marquez among local players on Walter Camp All-Connecticut team - Hartford Courant

First Team Offense:
QB: Gavin Muir, Greenwich
RB: Ky’Juon Butler, Bloomfield; Tysen Comizio, Greenwich
WR: Finn Duran, Fairfield Prep; Quintin O’Connell, New Canaan
TE: Zachary Hrubiec, Berlin
OL: Ben Corniello, Daniel Hand; William Keating. Darien; Matthew Phelan, Killingly; Jack Stewart. New Canaan
C: Jack Conley, New Canaan

First Team Defense
LB: Connor Fay, Darien; Jack Feda, Greenwich; Cade Klarides-Ditria, Seymour
DB: Ian Butler, Daniel Hand; Colton Engel, Stafford/East Windsor/Somers; Victor Marquez, Maloney; Ryan Raybuck, Greenwich
DL: Mozi Bici, Greenwich; Jack Flanagan, Daniel Hand; Edward Iuteri, Greenwich; Jackson Mitchell, Ridgefield

First Team Special Team
K: Luke Desaulnier, Killingly
P: Luke Kirby, St. Joseph
Returner: Raquan Tompkins, East Hartford

Second Team in link.

Reaction Score
Bloomfield’s Ky’Juon Butler, Maloney’s Victor Marquez among local players on Walter Camp All-Connecticut team - Hartford Courant

First Team Offense:
QB: Gavin Muir, Greenwich
RB: Ky’Juon Butler, Bloomfield; Tysen Comizio, Greenwich
WR: Finn Duran, Fairfield Prep; Quintin O’Connell, New Canaan
TE: Zachary Hrubiec, Berlin
OL: Ben Corniello, Daniel Hand; William Keating. Darien; Matthew Phelan, Killingly; Jack Stewart. New Canaan
C: Jack Conley, New Canaan

First Team Defense
LB: Connor Fay, Darien; Jack Feda, Greenwich; Cade Klarides-Ditria, Seymour
DB: Ian Butler, Daniel Hand; Colton Engel, Stafford/East Windsor/Somers; Victor Marquez, Maloney; Ryan Raybuck, Greenwich
DL: Mozi Bici, Greenwich; Jack Flanagan, Daniel Hand; Edward Iuteri, Greenwich; Jackson Mitchell, Ridgefield

First Team Special Team
K: Luke Desaulnier, Killingly
P: Luke Kirby, St. Joseph
Returner: Raquan Tompkins, East Hartford

Second Team in link.
they made a joke out of the teams this year. Way too many pequot players. way, way, way too many.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
they made a joke out of the teams this year. Way too many pequot players. way, way, way too many.

there is 1 Pequot kid on this list - Colton Engel

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
4 - those kids were on teams that went to state semis and final. I saw Stafford in person - I thought Engel and Rivas were better offensively than defensively

Reaction Score
4 - those kids were on teams that went to state semis and final. I saw Stafford in person - I thought Engel and Rivas were better offensively than defensively
sorry, but it's pequot football. they wouldn't make the playoffs in the SWC/CCC/FCIAC/SCC

Reaction Score
sorry, but it's pequot football. they wouldn't make the playoffs in the SWC/CCC/FCIAC/SCC

Um, that's why they play in class s. He was referencing the class s playoffs.
They have much smaller enrollments than the conferences you mention. In fact, that's why we have classifications.
I thought this was common knowledge.

Reaction Score
Um, that's why they play in class s. He was referencing the class s playoffs.
They have much smaller enrollments than the conferences you mention. In fact, that's why we have classifications.
I thought this was common knowledge.
There are kids that performed just as well or better in larger, more successful conferences. that was my point.

Reaction Score
There are kids that performed just as well or better in larger, more successful conferences. that was my point.

I don't think you can dismiss a kid just because he plays for a smaller school. You are basically using a p5 argument at the high school level.
Has any school put out more football talent than Ansonia and Bloomfield over the years? They are small schools.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can dismiss a kid just because he plays for a smaller school. You are basically using a p5 argument at the high school level.
Has any school put out more football talent than Ansonia and Bloomfield over the years? They are small schools.
And the NVL and CCC are both better leagues than the pequot. The pequot is the second worst league in the state. it's not very good football

Reaction Score
And the NVL and CCC are both better leagues than the pequot. The pequot is the second worst league in the state. it's not very good football

Somebody better take that trophy away from Valley Regional when they beat Ansonia for the state title a few years ago

In the past 10 years, the Pequot has reached the state semis 13 times, has reached the finals 6 times and has won 2 state titles.

If you want to say its because they are the smallest they are the worst I guess you can, but other than Ansonia who has ever done anything in the NVL? And their schools are bigger.

All this does nothing for your argument about all state teams. Don't coaches for all the classifications vote on these teams? I could also easily say you could take that small school all state player , put him on one of your sainted bigger squads with bigger offensive or defensive lines helping him out, reserves to give him occasional rest, and the kid would look even better. That's why you see so many small college players star in the nfl.

Reaction Score
Somebody better take that trophy away from Valley Regional when they beat Ansonia for the state title a few years ago

In the past 10 years, the Pequot has reached the state semis 13 times, has reached the finals 6 times and has won 2 state titles.

If you want to say its because they are the smallest they are the worst I guess you can, but other than Ansonia who has ever done anything in the NVL? And their schools are bigger.

All this does nothing for your argument about all state teams. Don't coaches for all the classifications vote on these teams? I could also easily say you could take that small school all state player , put him on one of your sainted bigger squads with bigger offensive or defensive lines helping him out, reserves to give him occasional rest, and the kid would look even better. That's why you see so many small college players star in the nfl.
No. The pequot is a lousy league. anyone who watches games can tell you that. The best football in this state is played west of hartford. sorry.

The NVL has 100x more history than the pequot.

Ansonia
Naugatuck
Woodland
Holy Cross
Seymour

they all have multiple state championships. I don't think one team in the pequot has more than one championship. in fact, if that's the case, they're the only league besides the CTC where not one team has more than one state championships. so yeah. it's the second worst league.

If they ever broke states down by level of competition and not school size, it would be:

Division I: FCIAC/SCC
Division II: CCC/SWC
Division III: NVL/ECC
Division IV: Pequot/CTC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. The pequot is a lousy league. anyone who watches games can tell you that. The best football in this state is played west of hartford. sorry.

The NVL has 100x more history than the pequot.

Ansonia
Naugatuck
Woodland
Holy Cross
Seymour

they all have multiple state championships. I don't think one team in the pequot has more than one championship. in fact, if that's the case, they're the only league besides the CTC where not one team has more than one state championships. so yeah. it's the second worst league.

I just gave you the recent Pequot history from the past 10 years, you don't have to think. I'm not arguing ancient history, it's not relevant now or to your op (that you can't defend) about the all state players. The fact that you scrambled to change the goalposts says you are done and talking out of your arse.

The fact is, straight up the Pequot with it's 200 boy enrollments can be easily compared to the NVL over the past 10 years sans Ansonia.That's with a LL school and schools of choice playing in the NVL. That's actually pretty sad. So if you are talking pound for pound, don't even go there.

Now go ahead, give me the playoff history of the NVL from the past 10 years outside of Ansonia. You know, facts. I'll wait patiently.

Reaction Score
I just gave you the recent Pequot history from the past 10 years, you don't have to think. I'm not arguing ancient history, it's not relevant now or to your op (that you can't defend) about the all state players. The fact that you scrambled to change the goalposts says you are done and talking out of your arse.

The fact is, straight up the Pequot with it's 200 boy enrollments can be easily compared to the NVL over the past 10 years sans Ansonia.That's with a LL school and schools of choice playing in the NVL. That's actually pretty sad. So if you are talking pound for pound, don't even go there.

Now go ahead, give me the playoff history of the NVL from the past 10 years outside of Ansonia. You know, facts. I'll wait patiently.
There have been woodland and holy Cross teams within the last 10 years that were better than anything the pequot has put out. The teams just aren't as good. The pequot records you gave are completely misleading. Almost all of their playoff wins are against other pequot teams or tech schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There have been woodland and holy Cross teams within the last 10 years that were better than anything the pequot has put out. The teams just aren't as good. The pequot records you gave are completely misleading. Almost all of their playoff wins are against other pequot

What compels you to keep coming back without any facts?

Just because you are so thick, I'm going to go back 11 years. That gives the Pequot 3 state titles in 11 years. Ansonia must have been in the Pequot that year according to you, because that's who they beat in the title game.

Valley also beat Ansonia for their title, so Ansonia must swing back and forth between the two leagues.

To answer my question you wanted no part of, only school of choice Holy Cross has won a state title in that time frame, playing down of course in class s. Woodland reached the finals one time in the same time frame and were blown out.

Holy crap, you've actually made a stronger case for the Pequot since you started with your drivel

Reaction Score
What compels you to keep coming back without any facts?

Just because you are so thick, I'm going to go back 11 years. That gives the Pequot 3 state titles in 11 years. Ansonia must have been in the Pequot that year according to you, because that's who they beat in the title game.

Valley also beat Ansonia for their title, so Ansonia must swing back and forth between the two leagues.

To answer my question you wanted no part of, only school of choice Holy Cross has won a state title in that time frame, playing down of course in class s. Woodland reached the finals one time in the same time frame and were blown out.

Holy crap, you've actually made a stronger case for the Pequot since you started with your drivel
lol you want to complain about Holy Cross as a school of choice when these pequot schools have 2, 3, and sometimes 4 different schools joined together? Here's a tip, the level of competition every year isn't the same. Some years there are better teams than others. If you have the average NVL team over the last decade and compare it to the average pequot team, the NVL wins out and it's not close. you obviously don't really follow high school football, and you're probably just a parent or former players that's upset, but it's a crap league with crap teams. They have one team over the last 10 years that was any good at all, and they beat a down Ansonia team. And that Valley team lost the year before in the playoffs to a Brookfield team that was 90% sophomores. There are more deserving players that had better seasons in better leagues from other conferences. If you rush for 1500 yards in the pequot it is not the same as rushing for 1500 yards in any of the major conferences.

Take Valley or Stafford and put them in the CCC and they don't even make the playoffs. They only get in because they beat up on other bad teams.

Reaction Score
here are some quick histories for you. This is the pequot's record in the playoffs against schools not in the pequot or in the tech league

2018: 0 wins, 1 loss
2017: 0 wins, 4 losses
2016: 2 win, 3 losses
2015: 0 wins. 2 losses
2014: 2 wins, 2 losses
2013: 1 win, 3 losses
2012: 0 wins, 0 losses
2011: 3 wins, 2 losses
2010: 1 win, 2 losses
2009: 0 wins, 0 losses

9-19. A 32% winning percentage. over the last 10 seasons

Reaction Score
lol you want to complain about Holy Cross as a school of choice when these pequot schools have 2, 3, and sometimes 4 different schools joined together? Here's a tip, the level of competition every year isn't the same. Some years there are better teams than others. If you have the average NVL team over the last decade and compare it to the average pequot team, the NVL wins out and it's not close. you obviously don't really follow high school football, and you're probably just a parent or former players that's upset, but it's a crap league with crap teams. They have one team over the last 10 years that was any good at all, and they beat a down Ansonia team. And that Valley team lost the year before in the playoffs to a Brookfield team that was 90% sophomores. There are more deserving players that had better seasons in better leagues from other conferences. If you rush for 1500 yards in the pequot it is not the same as rushing for 1500 yards in any of the major conferences.

Take Valley or Stafford and put them in the CCC and they don't even make the playoffs. They only get in because they beat up on other bad teams.

This is so pathetic. So when your teams lose they are down. Got it.

A Pequot title was won against a CCC team. And again, with your increasingly apparent lack of basic understanding, Pequot teams are smaller than most CCC teams. Do you understand why they have classifications in the ciac you high school guru? LOL

Nice how you now run to the CCC for relief after I destroyed your NVL argument
Deal with it, you look like a fool arguing against the results

Reaction Score
here are some quick histories for you. This is the pequot's record in the playoffs against schools not in the pequot or in the tech league

2018: 0 wins, 1 loss
2017: 0 wins, 4 losses
2016: 2 win, 3 losses
2015: 0 wins. 2 losses
2014: 2 wins, 2 losses
2013: 1 win, 3 losses
2012: 0 wins, 0 losses
2011: 3 wins, 2 losses
2010: 1 win, 2 losses
2009: 0 wins, 0 losses

9-19. A 32% winning percentage. over the last 10 seasons

I'm going to let you cherry pick here. Even though if a Pequot team goes on to win the title and happen to go thru one of those teams, it counts. Big time.

Do you know the winning percentage of the NVL with the same standards?
It's virtually identical.

You are nothing if not entertaining

And Lol at calling towns scrapping together enough kids to have a football team schools of choice! Are you for real?

Reaction Score
This is so pathetic. So when your teams lose they are down. Got it.

A Pequot title was won against a CCC team. And again, with your increasingly apparent lack of basic understanding, Pequot teams are smaller than most CCC teams. Do you understand why they have classifications in the ciac you high school guru? LOL

Nice how you now run to the CCC for relief after I destroyed your NVL argument
Deal with it, you look like a fool arguing against the results
You can't even keep up. You are clueless. You could take an all-star team from the pequot and they wouldn't beat Greenwich. So if every kid on Greenwich is better than every kid in the pequot, then why are pequot kids on the all state team? The kids wouldn't start on St Joe's, Greenwich, New Canaan, Shelton, etc. If they wouldn't start for one of those teams then how can they make the all state team?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom