the 1 problem that has doomed us in this tourney | The Boneyard

the 1 problem that has doomed us in this tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have displayed, thus far, a VERRRRRRRRY below average ability to finish around the tin, combined with a seeming inability to draw fouls. How about a pump fake or two fellas? Makes sense, when you look at the roster.

Brimah - do i need to say anything?(hands, touch, etc)
Purvis - missed 5 layups yesterday without getting a single foul call. just missed two more while I was typing.
Gibbs - has missed 3 or 4 pretty easy layups this tournament. 2 lefty's just today while I'm typing this.

This is problematic because these are in many ways instinctive abilities that you can't practice or improve dramatically.

1 wildcard: Enoch has not played, but possesses two qualities that could really help. 1 is he clearly can finish around the rim and has the size to anchor in the post.

Reaction Score
I doubt we will get many alley oop dunks today with their bigs in the middle either

Reaction Score
Purvis has no touch, demonstrates it on layups and free throws. 2 easy ways to score but he cannot complete these simple tasks with any consistency.

Reaction Score
I would love to see the shot chart for this team. I bet we are above average from 7-12 because of Hamilton and last in the country under 3 feet

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Very little interior presence on either end.

2) The substitutions are just off the wall.

3) Gonzaga scored at will and the adjustments from UConn were like swinging a newspaper at a freight train. Few ate Ollie alive.

4) We're back to last year's offense where four guys throw bubble passes to each other 30' from the basket while Brimah pretends to battle for position anywhere but under the basket.

Reaction Score
The Huskies are getting owned by the bigs and can't guard the perimeter. Offense looks good getting to the rim but can't finish. Hoping they fix it in the 2nd half.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
My biggest concern is their willingness to just pass the ball around the perimeter, especially yesterday against the fruit. Someone has to get in the lane and make the D collapse a little to open up the outside.
I've seen Purvis have great games with those floaters in the paint, just not yesterday.

Reaction Score
We are driving it in now, and we will get some 3 chances because of it. Just get stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom