The 1,000-Post-Or-Less Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The 1,000-Post-Or-Less Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Colt House won't be hiring Whaler or Zoo Or Jimmy any time soon. Or myself, though I am kinda old to start a new career. I guess those long Walks from Towers to Arjona and Von Dermehden (sp?) for class
makes you cut-throat.
Sherman House 87-91. Yes, you live in Towers, you do get bitter. Art appreciation seemed like a 7 mile walk

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I used to enjoy the walks from South (Wheeler) to the Math/Science building at 8 am, especially in the rain. It was...refreshing.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I used to enjoy the walks from South (Wheeler) to the Math/Science building at 8 am, especially in the rain. It was...refreshing.

C'mon!!! I mean, C'mon!!!

1,000-post-or-less violation. Please refrain from posts in this thread. Thank you...

(walks from Sprague to MSB in 2 degree weather were always fun for me, too)

Hey Dan97:
1,000-post-or-less violation.
Please refrain from posts in this thread. Thank you...

Reaction Score
C'mon!!! I mean, C'mon!!!

1,000-post-or-less violation. Please refrain from posts in this thread. Thank you...

(walks from Sprague to MSB in 2 degree weather were always fun for me, too)

Hey Dan97:
1,000-post-or-less violation.
Please refrain from posts in this thread. Thank you...

You're in violation.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You're in violation.

Yeah, I know. That's why I gave myself a violation. You don't see where I said, "Hey Dan 97"?

Oh great. Now we're both in violation again! This is hard work...

Reaction Score
While the 5k posters enjoy their thread talking about anything BUT UCONN football while sipping tea with their pinky fingers sticking out and their noses high in the air, I'd like to know how you 1k'ers feel about this year's draft class? Its the first full one under HCBD. It hurt to lose Ulizio to Michigan as we need OL, but we have some talent nonetheless. Here are the 22 according to uconnhuskies.com

Frank Battle WR 6'5 190 Miami, Fla./Belen Jesuit Prep
Tyraiq Beals WR 6'0 180 East Orange, N.J. / East Orange
Felton Blackwell DL 6'2 323 Egg Harbor, N.J. / Cedar Creek
Ian Campbell TE 6'5 225 Pompton Plains, N.J. / Pequannock
Bryan Cespedes OL 6'7 260 New London, Conn. / New London
Tyler Davis QB 6'3 214 North Bellmore, N.Y. / Mepham
Connor Freeborn DL 6'6 225 Wilmington, Del. / Salesianium School
Aaron Garland DB 5'11 190 Oak Park, Ill. / Fenwick
Zordan Holman TE 6'6 235 Portland, Maine / Cheverus
Chris Lee TE 6'7 225 Severna Park, Md. / Severna Park
Hergy Mayala WR 6'1 200 Montreal, Que. / Trinity Pawling (N.Y.)
Aaron Mclean WR 6'6 210 Southborough, Mass. / St. Mark's
Kevin Murphy DL 6'2 270 West Chester, Pa. / West Chester East
Philippe Okounam DL 6'5 265 Chateauguay, Quebec / St. Paul's School (N.H.)
Dallas Parker OLB 6'5 235 Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. / Ponte Vedra
Matthew Peart OL 6'8 265 Bronx, N.Y. / Governor's Academy (Mass.)
William Richardson OLB 6'3 220 Washington, D.C. / Frank W. Ballou Senior
John Robinson DB 6'2 185 Englewood, N.J. / Dwight Morrow
David Ryslik DE 6'3 292 Freehold, N.J. / Peddie Schook
Michael Tarbutt K 6'0 180 Buffalo, N.Y. / Canisus
Marshe Terry DB 6'4 190 Columbus, N.J. / North Burlington
Nazir Williams OLB 6'3 225 Bridgeton, N.J. / Bridgeton

I believe Hergy and one of the TEs are going to move to the defensive side of the ball, so 3 WRs, 2 TEs, a QB, couple of OL. Only 8 of the 22 recruits will be on the offensive side of the ball. Does this have anything to do with Diaco being a former Defensive Coordinator? Considering how bad our offense was last year, I'd think most of these new recruits will see the field in 2015. I've never seen any of them play other than watching a few Hudl highlights, but their size is obvious. We might not be better than our opposition, but we'll be bigger! A 6'6 and 6'5 WR, tall TEs, 6'4 DB, and a 320+ lb DT coming out of high school!

So what are your thoughts? Who excites you the most and who do you think can make the most impact this year as a true freshman?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed the tape of Battle. The thought of Murphy and Blackwell plugging up the middle is a nice one as well. I'm also infatuated with Peart's size -- if our former OC can coach him up like he did with Eric Fisher, he'll be a delight to watch.

Also, I know that this isn't said very often, but I'm kinda excited to see what this kicker does. Obviously 60 yards is a fluke, but if he's a true deep threat that will lessen the burden on our offense.

Reaction Score
While the 5k posters enjoy their thread talking about anything BUT UCONN football while sipping tea with their pinky fingers sticking out and their noses high in the air, I'd like to know how you 1k'ers feel about this year's draft class? Its the first full one under HCBD. It hurt to lose Ulizio to Michigan as we need OL, but we have some talent nonetheless. Here are the 22 according to uconnhuskies.com

Frank Battle WR 6'5 190 Miami, Fla./Belen Jesuit Prep
Tyraiq Beals WR 6'0 180 East Orange, N.J. / East Orange
Felton Blackwell DL 6'2 323 Egg Harbor, N.J. / Cedar Creek
Ian Campbell TE 6'5 225 Pompton Plains, N.J. / Pequannock
Bryan Cespedes OL 6'7 260 New London, Conn. / New London
Tyler Davis QB 6'3 214 North Bellmore, N.Y. / Mepham
Connor Freeborn DL 6'6 225 Wilmington, Del. / Salesianium School
Aaron Garland DB 5'11 190 Oak Park, Ill. / Fenwick
Zordan Holman TE 6'6 235 Portland, Maine / Cheverus
Chris Lee TE 6'7 225 Severna Park, Md. / Severna Park
Aaron Mclean WR 6'6 210 Southborough, Mass. / St. Mark's
Kevin Murphy DL 6'2 270 West Chester, Pa. / West Chester East
Philippe Okounam DL 6'5 265 Chateauguay, Quebec / St. Paul's School (N.H.)
Dallas Parker OLB 6'5 235 Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. / Ponte Vedra
Matthew Peart OL 6'8 265 Bronx, N.Y. / Governor's Academy (Mass.)
William Richardson OLB 6'3 220 Washington, D.C. / Frank W. Ballou Senior
John Robinson DB 6'2 185 Englewood, N.J. / Dwight Morrow
David Ryslik DE 6'3 292 Freehold, N.J. / Peddie Schook
Michael Tarbutt K 6'0 180 Buffalo, N.Y. / Canisus
Marshe Terry DB 6'4 190 Columbus, N.J. / North Burlington
Nazir Williams OLB 6'3 225 Bridgeton, N.J. / Bridgeton

I believe Hergy and one of the TEs are going to move to the defensive side of the ball, so 3 WRs, 2 TEs, a QB, couple of OL. Only 8 of the 22 recruits will be on the offensive side of the ball. Does this have anything to do with Diaco being a former Defensive Coordinator? Considering how bad our offense was last year, I'd think most of these new recruits will see the field in 2015. I've never seen any of them play other than watching a few Hudl highlights, but their size is obvious. We might not be better than our opposition, but we'll be bigger! A 6'6 and 6'5 WR, tall TEs, 6'4 DB, and a 320+ lb DT coming out of high school!

So what are your thoughts? Who excites you the most and who do you think can make the most impact this year as a true freshman?

watched some video on the kicker, wow does he have a leg

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Obviously I am a lurker. Season ticket holder since 1974. I have been to most of the bowl games (exception is Toronto).

I now reside in North Carolina and brought 50 UCONN fans to the ECU game. I have been a Yarder since close to the inception of the site, and remember the wandering through several iterations until we wound up here. I have played in several BoneYard Opens.

I look at the Boneyard daily to get the news on UCONN. Reluctant to do it after a loss but have figured out who to avoid. A tough season but I can sense the hint of optimism with the incoming recruits.

I particularly look forward to BusinessLawyers game review. Extremely insightful without getting too emotional.

I must admit that the demise of the Big East and the creation of the American has hurt my enthusiasm for both football and basketball. I do remember a day long ago when John Toner and Dee Rowe attended a UCONN Club Meeting to get our take on UCONN leaving the Yankee Conference and joining the Big East. There was real concern we could ever compete in that league and the decision was never a no brainer. There were a lot of people, both fans and in the administration, who were totally against joining the Big East. Those firrst few years the Big East was not the dominant league it became since the 90's and the detractors remained pretty vocal. We all know how that turned out.

Will the American achieve some elevated status? I am not sure but at the moment it is our conference and rather than berate the conference we should try to embrace it. Tough challenge particularly when our team is performing way below our expectations. If we could compete with some of the programs I do believe that some excitement could be generated. ECU, Cincy, UCF and possibly other schools could generate some interesting games. None are a rivalry as of yet and it will be difficult to create that true rivalry.

Memphis has shown how a successful season can awaken a program. I do think that Bob Diaco will advance the program. Could he make us a dominate team in the American? I certainly hope so, it makes the season so much more enjoyable. Getting an invite to a P5 Conference would be ideal, but if that doesn't happen I will continue to support and watch the Huskies.

I will continue to lurk on the Boneyard and occasionally insert a comment or two.

Reaction Score

I made that same walk many times. The highlight had to be seeing the frame of the dome for Gampel being raised by helicopter one morning.

I don't know if that made up for all the bad weather days or the wind tunnel between the library and the old Co-Op, but it was something to see.

Reaction Score
I once ran from Towers to TED's and got there before last call...It's the only time I ran at UConn...for Beer. Cheap Bear in quarts.

Reaction Score
noobs_by_thomassmurffan-d4oq9q4.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay since they closed the 5000 post club, we're going to need a new place to hang out. I guess this will have to do.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well, folks....I did my best...I did my best...

Reaction Score
While the 5k posters enjoy their thread talking about anything B

I believe Hergy

This kid has play making ability. I don't see him on the defensive side of the football. All you need to see is him with the football in his hands. He puts points on the board, has good size and speed. Makes the 50-50 catch. picks up yards after the catch.He's an offensive playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom