That willl make for a bettter week! | The Boneyard

That willl make for a bettter week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whew. That was a lot like root canal but a W is a W. And a week later a ugly win is a good looking win.

Gratz was awesome today as was the whole defense.

Reaction Score
i just could listen. Could someone tell me todays secondary and who played nicke?

Reaction Score
Hopefully Blidi is back for Pitt. If we can pull off the upset there we'll be in great shape. 2010 Dejavu?

Reaction Score
i just could listen. Could someone tell me todays secondary and who played nicke?
gratz and jones at cb, tymeer brown and junior at safety, wilburn came in a lot at nickel, agbor sometimes. more cb nickel than bringing in the extra safety. Liked seeing that

Reaction Score
I watched some of that Pitt/Utah game. I didn't think Pitt looked all that great. As a matter of fact they looked quite beatable if UConn's offense can get on track. We're gonna need a few trick plays cause we can't run them over and the O-line is having a hard time stopping the blitzes everyone is throwing at our young quarterback corps. Got to find a way of keeping their defense honest.

Reaction Score
I'll say, the defensive scheme was a lot better today than it has been. Why? Becasue Brown did not idiotically blitz 7-8 guys on every third down and USF could not take advantage of the corners opposite Gratz (and Gratz himself) like WVU and WMU. Uconn still cannot defend well outside the hashes (not sure why, if it is the safeties being too close to the line or the center of the field, a lack of speed at LB and S or what), but they didn't give up a big play today except Daniels amazing run. And that's one reason (plus the bad TOs by USF) why they won.

Pitt probably cannot exploit Uconn's weakness, either, FWIW

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
is it really an upset? we are both 3-4.
They are now 4-2. Pitt was the only loss. Given that we lost to a MAC team last week, it was an upset.

They did enough to win, but need to play better. Our pass blocking sucks and McEntee has Ryan Leafs slow release.

Am I the only one that saw offensive pass interference on every sfu pass? Every time the receivers were blocking the dbs while the ball was in the air. That is pass interference.

Reaction Score
They are now 4-2. Pitt was the only loss. Given that we lost to a MAC team last week, it was an upset.

They did enough to win, but need to play better. Our pass blocking sucks and McEntee has Ryan Leafs slow release.

Am I the only one that saw offensive pass interference on every sfu pass? Every time the receivers were blocking the dbs while the ball was in the air. That is pass interference.

WVU is in the MAC? Wow, this realignment has been rough for some schools. :p

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Getting the W is HUGE and keeps our chances alive. Just take it one game at a time, one series at a time, one play at a time, and see where things take us.

Reaction Score
Ok this thread is confusing me. my post was intended to point out that Uconn and Pitt have the exact record. so regardless of who Vegas says is the dog, it still would hardly be an upset.
I think HuskyHawk though I was talking about USF. I wasn't.

Reaction Score
Ok this thread is confusing me. my post was intended to point out that Uconn and Pitt have the exact record. so regardless of who Vegas says is the dog, it still would hardly be an upset.
I think HuskyHawk though I was talking about USF. I wasn't.
So did I. My fault,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul