That wasn't all USF | The Boneyard

That wasn't all USF

Reaction Score
They're really bad, make no mistake about it. But to the extent that you can separate the performance to the competition, this is about as good of a game as I've seen us play in years, much less this season. This was not your run-of-the-mill stomping of an atrocious defense and these were not one read possessions that revealed nothing other than athletic superiority; this was a methodical demolition of a defense in the most idealistic way, a clinic on inside/out, strong side/weak side ball movement that you'd take against your scout team.

USF lost to South Carolina by 11, Houston by 14, SMU by 19, Memphis by 6, Temple by 9, etc. Typically, when there is an outlier to that extreme, it means one of the teams did something right.

The spread was 13 points. I'd be curious to see when the last time we exceeded the number by that much was.

I'll have more tomorrow, but the arrow points up. If this is the team that shows up in Hartford five weeks from now, we could have an interesting few days on our hands. That wasn't a 10-12 team out there tonight.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If this is the team that shows up in Hartford five weeks from now, we could have an interesting few days on our hands. That wasn't a 10-12 team out there tonight.
I just hope it's the same team that shows up in Orlando a few days from now, and that we're a 12-12 team by the end of the week.

Reaction Score
I just hope it's the same team that shows up in Orlando a few days from now, and that we're a 12-12 team by the end of the week.

UCF is a solid club. That'll be a good litmus test for us - beating a solid team on the road isn't something we've done yet.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hopefully Brimah and Facey can shut down Fall again like they did in our last game against UCF.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They're really bad, make no mistake about it. But to the extent that you can separate the performance to the competition, this is about as good of a game as I've seen us play in years, much less this season. This was not your run-of-the-mill stomping of an atrocious defense and these were not one read possessions that revealed nothing other than athletic superiority; this was a methodical demolition of a defense in the most idealistic way, a clinic on inside/out, strong side/weak side ball movement that you'd take against your scout team.

USF lost to South Carolina by 11, Houston by 14, SMU by 19, Memphis by 6, Temple by 9, etc. Typically, when there is an outlier to that extreme, it means one of the teams did something right.

The spread was 13 points. I'd be curious to see when the last time we exceeded the number by that much was.

I'll have more tomorrow, but the arrow points up. If this is the team that shows up in Hartford five weeks from now, we could have an interesting few days on our hands. That wasn't a 10-12 team out there tonight.

Yeah, USF was and is terrible. But we were awesome. Enoch looked like a beast. And the shooting was amazing, even if most of the looks were cleaner than we're used to seeing. (That was some bad zone D.)

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
UCF is a solid club. That'll be a good litmus test for us - beating a solid team on the road isn't something we've done yet.

But, we should go in confident - we've beat 'em once already. That confidence helps.

Reaction Score
I driving in the car listening to the game. I don't remember the exact time but I would say that there were 3 to 4 minutes left in the game and Wayne Norman pointed out that UConn, at that point, had only missed 6 shots in the second half and they got the rebound on 5 of those 6 misses. Seemed like a pretty amazing stat to me.

Reaction Score
We have too many examples of playing quality teams and getting blown out this year to be mislead by a single very good shooting night. I enjoyed it as much as anyone but I don't have blinders on. It was USF, and also it was law of averages for those games when we went 3-20 from 3. Whatever the reason, let's hope it continues.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
OK, so it turns out that UConn winning a basketball game by 46 points on 63% shooting with 28 assists on 35 field goals is at all boring...especially when it's the Men's team.

If someone told you that Facey & Jackson would combine for 7 points on 3-9 shooting, that Rodney would catch the ball with his foot out of bounds, and USF would have a 14-2 run in the first half, would you have expected this outcome?

That was fun!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom