That was epic | The Boneyard

That was epic

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Despite the clear coaching malpractice and boneheaded plays down the stretch, we managed to win an early season classic in a major tournament on national TV.

That was the statement game this program needed. Possibly the regular season game of the year in college basketball.

Whaley appears okay despite fainting at the end of the game. Hurley was joking around about it in the post game over on ESPN2.

Tyler was lethal from 3. Sanogo dominated the paint. Cole was steady with the rock and made some big time shots.

Hawkins needs more minutes, especially when Jackson and Gaffney are not playing their best games.

Tired legs, but hoping we can take it to Sparty tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Cole was steady with the rock and made some big time shots.
Cole was far from steady with the rock with his 5 BAD turnovers and some absolute bonehead bad shots when we needed him to settle things down. He really needs to clean up the turnovers and the bad shots or we are going to be going home early in the big tourney. He was a boss at times but he was frustrating to watch today for the most part.

Reaction Score
Cole was far from steady with the rock with his 5 BAD turnovers and some absolute bonehead bad shots when we needed him to settle things down. He really needs to clean up the turnovers and the bad shots or we are going to be going home early in the big tourney. He was a boss at times but he was frustrating to watch today for the most part.
For the most part? What game were you watching. Anytime he left the court we couldn’t get the ball past half court cleanly

Reaction Score
This game had a little of everything. It was a pure fight with no team backing down. Auburn was very impressive to come back from the spanking we were giving them. Our team easily could have folded but like the announcer said 'this looks like UConn'.

Reaction Score
Jackson needed to go up strong and dunk on someone when he had his two opportunities to drive straight down the paint, instead of 1) dumping it off to Sanogo and then 2) adjusting mid air for a contested layup.

And the refs screwed us with bad calls on the Whaley block and Cole "turnover" off a non-existent knee.

Otherwise I was happy. Exciting game.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Howie Mandel GIF by America's Got Talent

Reaction Score
Auburn is going to be an interesting team to watch this year. The refs let them get away with a ton of contact on the press and there are going to be plenty of games where the crews don’t allow that and they’re going to look radically different. That doesn’t take away how atrocious we were at breaking their press but a gutsy win and Polley/Sanogo showed off some stones today.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Jackson needed to go up strong and dunk on someone when he had his two opportunities to drive straight down the paint, instead of 1) dumping it off to Sanogo and then 2) adjusting mid air for a contested layup.

And the refs screwed us with bad calls on the Whaley block and Cole "turnover" off a non-existent knee.

You always have to play well enough that bad calls can't take the W away from you?

At least, that is what I have heard.

Reaction Score
UConn had no chance in that game w/out Cole. He was the only one that could consistently handle the pressure

Reaction Score
UConn had no chance in that game w/out Cole. He was the only one that could consistently handle the pressure
They dont win without him i agree but he made things more difficult than needed to be with some bad plays that at this point he should know better.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

The bad calls went both ways today.

Reaction Score

You watched a different game than I did. The game I saw, Cole turned it over five times because he was the only player we had who could handle the ball for any length of time without turning it over. Hint -- turnovers go up when the percentage of time on offense you have the ball goes up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You watched a different game than I did. The game I saw, Cole turned it over five times because he was the only player we had who could handle the ball for any length of time without turning it over. Hint -- turnovers go up when the percentage of time on offense you have the ball goes up.

I won't call it 50/50 but in the second half Cole had a few of those over penetration and get caught in no man's land TO's. Overall, yes, he was screwed by Gaff's gaffs.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It was a bizarrely reffed game. Tons of contact in the open floor with next to no whistles but then tons of ticky tack stuff and complete phantom calls going both ways when driving. The game flow was awful.
Totally agree…too many Pina Coladas for those guys.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Despite the clear coaching malpractice and boneheaded plays down the stretch, we managed to win an early season classic in a major tournament on national TV.

That was the statement game this program needed. Possibly the regular season game of the year in college basketball.

Whaley appears okay despite fainting at the end of the game. Hurley was joking around about it in the post game over on ESPN2.

Tyler was lethal from 3. Sanogo dominated the paint. Cole was steady with the rock and made some big time shots.

Hawkins needs more minutes, especially when Jackson and Gaffney are not playing their best games.

Tired legs, but hoping we can take it to Sparty tomorrow.
Cole was good. However I thought he was going to lose it for us with two bad plays.
I thought Cole was going to lose it for us. They were bad turnovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom