That was a biggie! | The Boneyard

That was a biggie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Best, most focused 40-minute performance against a good team since the title game vs. UK.

And Ollie did a hell of a job scheming defensively, then didn't panic when they started to hit long 2-point jumpers on high pick and rolls. That's the shot you want to give up, and he picked the right poison.

Great win. Hopefully Purvis & Hamilton can break out of their respective slumps soon and we can really start to roll.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Sure did manned up. Brima was fantastic and DLHAM came thru at the free throw line. Now to take Cincinnati out on Saturday. Maybe we can be better than a 9 seed. But just as long as we make the dance. That is what counts. GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Here is the thing -- we got no outside shooting from Gibbs, Purvis, Adams or Hamilton tonight. NOne. And we had as good a win as we've had this year. If this can be the AB we see for the rest of the season, the team that finishes the season will not be the team that we had been seeing.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
He takes a lot of flak on this board, but Sterling Gibbs defense against Nic Moore should not be overlooked. Moore was basically a nonfactor. Gibbs and JA did a heck of a job on him.

I expected nic to have a huge night, didn't see what I thought we'd see out of him.

Reaction Score
I expected nic to have a huge night, didn't see what I thought we'd see out of him.
He was really good, but we're a great defensive team and Ollie's an excellent defensive coach.

EDIT: 14 points, 6 assists, 4 rebs for Moore. Dude was good, but our D was better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

14/6/4 on 6/14 shooting is more or less what he offers. He picks his spots, he's not going to start jacking shots or taking over the game.

But he's still a very good player.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This game was so big it didn't even get a Game Thread :oops:

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
He was really good, but we're a great defensive team and Ollie's an excellent defensive coach.

EDIT: 14 points, 6 assists, 4 rebs for Moore. Dude was good, but our D was better.
For some reason I pictured him going off for 20-23 points, but I'll take 14.

Reaction Score
DH was great down the stretch. Scored the last 7 points, two key rebounds and was fouled. Second half. 3-5 for 11 points.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Missed most of the game. Was there a reason given why SMU only went 7 deep?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He takes a lot of flak on this board, but Sterling Gibbs defense against Nic Moore should not be overlooked. Moore was basically a nonfactor. Gibbs and JA did a heck of a job on him.

Anybody else freak out when SCJ got subbed in and was guarding Nic Moore? It was short (probably due to him throwing a lazy pick-6), but he actually did fine.

Reaction Score
Here is the thing -- we got no outside shooting from Gibbs, Purvis, Adams or Hamilton tonight. NOne. And we had as good a win as we've had this year. If this can be the AB we see for the rest of the season, the team that finishes the season will not be the team that we had been seeing.

True this. I liked the inside game we played on O, particularly against a pretty stout front line. Maybe about as good as we have seen other than Maryland and Gonzaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom