That "Us Versus Everybody" look | The Boneyard

That "Us Versus Everybody" look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what it takes. This year the pic would have Stewie in the back with her trademark grin tho. Gotta work on that.

Reaction Score
Just think how great Stewie would be if she developed some 'tude. I think Kia came on board with it, Morgan and MoJet have some. If Stewie keeps getting hammered maybe she will make some "in your face" plays by seasons end. Then again maybe the grin is just as effective?

Reaction Score
Steely-eyed assassins...

Breanna is more the Davey Crockett type...likes to grin you to death...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Geno has said on more than one occasion that many of his recent teams have been "too nice" .... lol

He should show them that pic

Reaction Score
Just think how great Stewie would be if she developed some 'tude. I think Kia came on board with it, Morgan and MoJet have some. If Stewie keeps getting hammered maybe she will make some "in your face" plays by seasons end. Then again maybe the grin is just as effective?
No doubt she will harden up with all the "mauling." Stewie's progression through this year is going to be AMAZING. By the NC, she will definetely fit into that pic Sue Bird reTweeted. Hopefully she will still retain an off the court attitude like the one she has cause she is an awfully nice person.

Reaction Score
No doubt she will harden up with all the "mauling." Stewie's progression through this year is going to be AMAZING. By the NC, she will definetely fit into that pic Sue Bird reTweeted. Hopefully she will still retain an off the court attitude like the one she has cause she is an awfully nice person.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
While I prefer some tude, it should be noted that Maya was also too nice.
She turned out sorta ok, I guess.

I can see the 'too nice' thing about Maya in some ways, but in the course of games she showed her killer instincts a lot, and to me she played with an edge. Not the same as DT, but mostly because Maya had the 'nice' veneer on top. (Not that Maya is not a good/nice person. In fact I think she's one of the greatest people and greatest student-athletes in memory.)

So on one hand, when she would go barreling into a table courtside, she would brush the table top and make sure it was put back nicely before re-entering the game...

But on the other hand, I can recall many, many times when Maya would make a play, get fouled and then offer this little sideward *sneer* back to no one in particular on the court, sometimes followed by a chest-bump from a teammate, while still holding the sneer. That sneer was evil! And it revealed that part of Maya that Geno said "wanted to rip your guts out." It was a trademark look that offered a rare glimpse into the killer competitor she was (is).

I think everyone on our current squad is competitive but I have yet to see that kind of 'look' from any of them during the game, or any similar body language that would betray a truly nasty side.

Maya could get nasty. REAL nasty. Yeah, I said it. :)

Reaction Score
Geno has said on more than one occasion that many of his recent teams have been "too nice" .... lol

He should show them that pic

I'm sure the current team will see... and I'm sure the former team put it up with a #BleedBlue tag so they would...

Reaction Score
I can see the 'too nice' thing about Maya in some ways, but in the course of games she showed her killer instincts a lot, and to me she played with an edge.

I would say DT had ATTITUDE. Maya was DRIVEN. Stewie will never be the former. She could be the latter tho.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Nothing like getting manhandled too much to drive up your ATTITUDE. Again, note that even if you think Chiney manhandled Maya in that one game, that's nothing compared to the physicality she endured (especially after her sophomore year, once Nneka had graduated and there wasn't an equally powerful threat on Stanford).

Reaction Score
I recall reading that the look on Stewie's face as she headed to the locker room at half time was pure anger. Don't worry Stewie's will get there, maybe as soon as the ND game.

Reaction Score
I recall reading that the look on Stewie's face as she headed to the locker room at half time was pure anger. Don't worry Stewie's will get there, maybe as soon as the ND game.
This is how we will beat ND. Nuff said.

Reaction Score
The best thing that could happen might be for some other player to smack her in the nose real hard and bloody her up a little. Sounds real harsh but sometimes that is what it takes to stir that tiger that is inside most of us. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom