That SO Makes Up for the 6OT Loss to SU | The Boneyard

That SO Makes Up for the 6OT Loss to SU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That game was epic, but such a let down. Hopefully this team can parlay the heart and soul they left on the court today into something really significant.

Reaction Score
*shrugs* the Final 4 run in that same year made up that loss for me...plus they got em back '11 in another classic.
Agree, once we made the Final 4 that game didn't bother me at all. When they show the highlight package from that one, the fact Syracuse won is usually only mentioned in the last few seconds. The narrative is mostly about the crazy back and forth, and we get a lot of credit just for playing in the game.

It does always amaze me that people consider that a "great" game. We were horrendous, especially in regulation, and the only reason we were close enough to catch up at the end was that Syracuse also played poorly. If we played the way we played in any of our first 4 tournament games, we would have won by 25 in regulation.

Reaction Score
There was a lot more riding on todays game. Going into the Big East Tournament in 2009, we didnt have to do anything because we pretty much had a 1 seed locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom