That felt like an exorcism. | The Boneyard

That felt like an exorcism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After losing three last second(literally) heart breakers to these guys, and then having to listen to RU fans talk about their superior talent todays win was the sweetest since Teggart's kick split the uprights down at USF last year.

A couple of observations. With Byron Jones and Tymeer Brown, it feels good to have two safeties on the field at once that can make plays on the ball on the field at the same time. We will miss Kendall Reyes next season but we will still have a nice Dl rotation next year as well. Our lines were physically superior to theirs. Watching ( some of the replay on tv, it seemed like the announcers prepared for some type of coronation of RU was going to take place. Made it sweeter today that we could deny them a share of the Big East title and keep that trophy case of theirs free of Big East championship trophies.

Trevardo Williams was beast today. He had his way with their offensive tackles today.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
For RU it felt like a curb-stomping.

Reaction Score
Big East really needs to make the UConn-RU contest an end of season 'rivalry game'.

Reaction Score
I have to say that I was not confident going into this game after the UL debacle. Rutgers was supposedly great on defense and opportunistic on offense and specials. It looked like they stole our playbook from last week! This was a thorougly enjoyable win from start to finish. We needed to get some payback especially for that game two years ago at the RENT. That win they stole was my worst moment of UC football I can remember. Last year we let a rookie QB look like Joe Montana instead of doing what we did this year and blitzing him. There were great contributions from all corners on this team yesterday with specials giving us great field position, the offense making the most of their chances and the defense playing with a ferocity not matched this year. They were a joy to watch. It was particularly fitting that Kendall ran in the fumble for a TD after being denied last year on that cheap call. He was a beast. Hopefully we will finish this thing well at Cincy and end up in a bowl somewhere. It would be a huge accomplishment for this team after their struggles all year. Thanks for the super effort guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom