That Confirms It | The Boneyard

That Confirms It

H

huskymagic

This game pretty much confirmed it for me that Ollie is going the way of Bob Diaco and JT III. Coaching is a big problem for us, player discipline, execution, and development are all problems. Ollie keeps setting records at UCONN taking us the way of Georgetown and St Johns. Losing games like this unacceptable with the players we had out there. Good to see Kevin Ollie has another great suit to look like a clown out there while his team keeps setting new lows for UCONN.

PS: Dwayne Killings is bad mojo. He doesn't do anything but provide a useless yes man for Ollie to bounce ideas with. He needs to be at the end of the bench move Ricky Moore up.

Reaction Score
We had 3 100% healthy players. Fire Kevin Ollie for recruiting guys with the ability to get hurt.
This time of year everyone is banged up. We LOST to ECU. No excuses. It was bad basketball that lost the game.

Reaction Score
the negatives will be in force tonight.

They already are, all the fn heroes who want KO's job couldn't wait a second even. Our fan base is a joke, makes the Orange fans look good.

You want embarrassing people, read some of your crap. Congrats to all of you, you agree with husky magic the biggest dope who ever signed on the BY. Disgusting display, worst than that display of basketball which was ugly at best.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why people are so surprised by this. The season has been over for three months. This has just been seasoning for the younger players. Cheer up, only a few more games left and we can watch baseball and warm weather will be on the way.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They already are, all the fn heroes who want KO's job couldn't wait a second even. Our fan base is a joke, makes the Orange fans look good.

You want embarrassing people, read some of your crap. Congrats to all of you, you agree with husky magic the biggest dope who ever signed on the BY. Disgusting display, worst than that display of basketball which was ugly at best.
Best not let them get to you.

Reaction Score
Lets look at this logically:rolleyes: Ko. had to deal with the early losses of Larrier,Gilbert and Diarra. He took some time to mesh what he had left together and they became a force only to have adams go down for a stretch twice and now Adams is hurt along with vital and Purvis with a dislocated finger. How do you keep continuity with all that on your shoulders. I hate it as much as anybody, but this is just a bad season of bad breaks and that is it.

Reaction Score

Every year Syracuse fans want Boeheim gone and he's a Hall of Famer. This board is tame when it comes to Ollie criticism.

Reaction Score
Lets look at this logically:rolleyes: Ko. had to deal with the early losses of Larrier,Gilbert and Diarra. He took some time to mesh what he had left together and they became a force only to have adams go down for a stretch twice and now Adams is hurt along with vital and Purvis with a dislocated finger. How do you keep continuity with all that on your shoulders. I hate it as much as anybody, but this is just a bad season of bad breaks and that is it.
We became a force? Who knew.

Reaction Score
Maybe they are shocked because they saw a glimmer of hope starting with the USF pounding and continued with a decent, gritty showing against a halfway decent Memphis squad, on the road vs Temple and a good solid half vs Houston. Since that second half vs. Houston (I think that was the nail in the coffin, the finishing mortal kombat style blow), Uconn has slowly died until tonight, where I figure this team is pretty much 100% (or damn near close to it) out of it until next year.

Reaction Score
Is it ollies fault that Jalen had possibly his worst game of the year at maybe 70% today? Is it ollies fault the Rodney purvis continues to be the frustrating player he's been throughout his career going 2-14? Is it ollies fault that facey missed 6 free throws tonight and that him and brimah still can't touch the ball without the worry of a turnover in everyone's mind? We played like tonight and while I agree the coach deserves some of the blame a lot of this is on the players having to just step up and play much better.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Leave. Don't look back. You're an apologista and this one of many threads that will echo the same things.
Just find some handkerchiefs and let the crying run it's course.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of it actually is on Ollie. 2 of our 3 primary starting seniors are exactly the same players they were when they stepped foot on campus 3 and 4 years ago.

Yeah here we go again. It's Ollies fault and not having a big mans coach that Brimah is the same player and it took Facey 3 years - please they're just not smart players they still do the same stupid stuff and if anyone's ever played the game you know you learn just playing the game. You don;t have to teach them day in day out if they have any brains, they don't they didn't. Can't coach dumb I don't know when people will learn that. If it is on Ollie it's because they are on the roster not because they didn't teach them, they DID they just didn't learn anything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They didn't waste a second.

So proud.

vultures_snowwhite.jpg

Reaction Score
Blaming any coach for Brimah's lack of development is comical. The concept can't be foreign to people that some of our players are just not that good and are incapable of making the type of improvements we hope for and that some players have made in the past.

Reaction Score
Lets just face the facts the AB was a soccer player that we tried to turn into bball player. The experiment just did not work out.

Reaction Score
Yeah here we go again. It's Ollies fault and not having a big mans coach that Brimah is the same player and it took Facey 3 years - please they're just not smart players they still do the same stupid stuff and if anyone's ever played the game you know you learn just playing the game. You don;t have to teach them day in day out if they have any brains, they don't they didn't. Can't coach dumb I don't know when people will learn that. If it is on Ollie it's because they are on the roster not because they didn't teach them, they DID they just didn't learn anything.

Ok Brimah.... but what about Purvis? Top 15 player in college.. McDonald's All american? Started in the ACC as a freshman? What's his reason for being actually worse this year than 3 years ago?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom