Thanksgiving Game Thread- Wake Forest! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Thanksgiving Game Thread- Wake Forest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it is incredibly refreshing to me to hear the announcers talk about nothing but the game in progress!! Absolutely excellent. Announced most of the substitutions, no rambling about whose cousin used to play for La Tech, none of that. Lovin it!.

I am shocked to discover that for a minute I actually forgot where Doty went to high school. I thought that after hearing Picozzi recite it 84,278 times I would take that one to my grave.

Reaction Score
Few thoughts on the game:

Good to see Bria back.

B. Banks was IMO the POG (what an amazing game by her).

It’s very hard to give minutes to 10 deserving players and it will be interesting to see how Geno deals with it as the season progresses.

Stew is an unreal player and it's easy to see how with some added muscle she'll be the best player in WBB (she is great on offense but on defense she must be truly scary for opposing players as she is everywhere)

The team defense of UConn is outstanding and it’s great to see how tuned they are all to it so early in the season.

Jefferson does not seem to have confidence in her shot but her passes on the fast break are just perfect and her defense is very good.

The refs were inconsistent to say the least as Wake should have had at least 30 fouls in this game.

There was a point in the game where they showed the Wake coaches and they had this look of, can this game please finish already.

Nice to see that few hundred fans were there for UConn.

Can imagine that the Marist players who watched this game dread the thought of playing UConn tomorrow.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marist trails Purdue by 25. They will not be that close tomorrow.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Poor little ol Wake Forest... they didnt deserve that. :(

I don't know, TDF: given their physical style, I gave up feelin' sorry for 'em early in the second half. There was a little bit of the ol' "if ya can't beat 'em, beat 'em up" to Wake's approach.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So Marist played close to even in the second half, although that doesn't mean much when you are 20 behind.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only the Pats scored more points faster than UConn yesterday. 21 points in 52 seconds.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
But at least UConn can play defense, unlike the Pats.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Poor little ol Wake Forest... they didnt deserve that. :(
It's not UConn's job to play down to Wake's level; it's Wake's jobto play up to UConn's.

One thing bothered me last night, beyond all the uncalled travels and double-dribbles that is. Morgan was inbounding the ball right in front of the Wake bench and the Wake coach was glaring at her and I had the fleeting (and admittedly foolish) idea the coach was going to give her a shove. I don't know what that was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom