Thanks to all (well almost all). | The Boneyard

Thanks to all (well almost all).

Reaction Score
I posted hardly at all this season for a couple reasons. Mainly seemed like added work as I feel compelled to see what the responses are. But I spent many hours being very pleasantly diverted by all the great comments, questions, insights and opinions posted by all of you. It's a great board with great fans, mods and posters. I'm sure there are countless others like me who aren't directly participating, but getting a lot of enjoyment from those who do. So thank you and Happy Easter!

Since I'm here I will say that I reached a point this year where I thought the team could win it all, but never a point where I thought they should (next year will be a different story I think). If anyone knows of a case in the women's game where a team starting two freshmen with another being the first off the bench won it all I'd be very interested to know about it.

Can't wait till next year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I posted hardly at all this season for a couple reasons. Mainly seemed like added work as I feel compelled to see what the responses are. But I spent many hours being very pleasantly diverted by all the great comments, questions, insights and opinions posted by all of you. It's a great board with great fans, mods and posters. I'm sure there are countless others like me who aren't directly participating, but getting a lot of enjoyment from those who do. So thank you and Happy Easter!

Since I'm here I will say that I reached a point this year where I thought the team could win it all, but never a point where I thought they should (next year will be a different story I think). If anyone knows of a case in the women's game where a team starting two freshmen with another being the first off the bench won it all I'd be very interested to know about it.

Can't wait till next year.
Well ... 2003, April 8, Uconn vs Tenn Uconn wins #4 NC, Starters: DT, Maria, Jessica, Barb (Fr), Ann (Fr), off the bench for 24 minutes Willnett (Fr)

That is the one that comes to mind.

Reaction Score
Well ... 2003, April 8, Uconn vs Tenn Uconn wins #4 NC, Starters: DT, Maria, Jessica, Barb (Fr), Ann (Fr), off the bench for 24 minutes Willnett (Fr)

That is the one that comes to mind.
Interesting. Thanks. Just looked at the box score. Uconn got killed on the boards, but Tennesee shot 58% from the line. Looks like that and Taurasi are what sunk them. 30 points from the freshmen. Pretty good, but only 2 more than DT scored by herself.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting. Thanks. Just looked at the box score. Uconn got killed on the boards, but Tennesee shot 58% from the line. Looks like that and Taurasi are what sunk them. 30 points from the freshmen. Pretty good, but only 2 more than DT scored by herself.
Willnett was one of those enigma players for Uconn - every year she was inconsistent and frustrating, and every year she was a demon in the NCAA getting that crucial rebound, making a crucial basket or a defensive stop. Used to joke that she only actually played when her team really really needed her, the rest of the time she was sort of bored and just coasted.

She has been an assistant coach at Temple for Cardosa since 2009.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom