Thanks Temery for the Hockey Forum | The Boneyard

Thanks Temery for the Hockey Forum

Reaction Score
A few years back after UConn made the move to Hockey East and the hockey posts started to dot the Olympic Sports Forum I pm’d @temery with the idea of starting this forum. My platform was pretty easy to develope..both the Men’s and Women’s teams competed in one of if not the top hockey conference’s in the country and there for deserved their own forum to talk about the sport. Without batting an eyelash he said yes and this thing took off. So I just want to thank Tom for this...for it would have been VERY easy for him to say no. This place has become THE place for UConn Hockey fans...as @RSTuthill can tell you our thread on USCHO is dead except for opposing fans stopping by every now and then. This will only get better as time goes on. Thanks again Tom!!!!!

Reaction Score
This is a great place, absent the snark of the USCHO forum. I vote aye if there is a resolution before this body to thank him. (It was moved and seconded was it not?)

We likewise need to thank you, FDNY.

Reaction Score
This is a great place, absent the snark of the USCHO forum. I vote aye if there is a resolution before this body to thank him. (It was moved and seconded was it not?)

We likewise need to thank you, FDNY.
@RSTuthill isn't it nice to not have to wade through posts from NickPapageorgio and Chuck Murray on a regular basis....

Reaction Score
That it is. But I do have a taste for "debate". Not to worry though, I can satisfy that appetite elsewhere.

Reaction Score
The one thing that is evident to me is how hockey has grown as a sport in 4 years of the men being in Hockey East. It went form a after thought to getting equal air time on the new broadcasting agreement announced yesterday...where any game will be able to be heard by the click of a button on a smart phone app. Things certainly have changed in 4 short years that's for sure.

Reaction Score
The one thing that is evident to me is how hockey has grown as a sport in 4 years of the men being in Hockey East. It went form a after thought to getting equal air time on the new broadcasting agreement announced yesterday...where any game will be able to be heard by the click of a button on a smart phone app. Things certainly have changed in 4 short years that's for sure.
Not so hard to understand. UConn is in a power conference with a full complement of rides, a good coach, and the biggest barn in the east. UConn's entry into Big East FB was similar. The problem with the latter of course is that it is by no means certain that RE2.0 can repeat his earlier success because there is one key ingredient missing. UConn is no longer in a power FB conference.

Reaction Score
Not so hard to understand. UConn is in a power conference with a full complement of rides, a good coach, and the biggest barn in the east. UConn's entry into Big East FB was similar. The problem with the latter of course is that it is by no means certain that RE2.0 can repeat his earlier success because there is one key ingredient missing. UConn is no longer in a power FB conference.
I wasn’t sure if the fickle UConn fan would bail after that first season or 2when the going got rough and Cav, Periera & Buckley had some trying recruiting classes (which were talked about at length on here). This new media deal exposes UConn hockey to Fairfield County where they have 3 Top level youth hockey organizations with in 5 towns on I-95 between Bridgeport and Stamford (Ct Jr Rangers, CT’s Rough Riders, Mid-Fairfield Jr Rangers). Hopefully this will help develope a whole generation of kids who want to stay home to play in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom