Thanks Dickie V but please stop worrying.... | The Boneyard

Thanks Dickie V but please stop worrying....

Reaction Score
about what time it is for christsakes! These teams aren't playing great Offensive BB but defense was very good and deserved better than your clock watching the last 1/2 of the 2nd half! Nobody cares it's past your bedtime! Go away and cover ACC afternoon games and leave us the freak alone you !

Reaction Score
Leave Dookie alone, he's pasturizing. Won't be much longer.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I didn’t mind him tonight. Maybe I gave him an unintentional pass because of all the great charity work he does and it’s his night to annoy us. The only part I scoffed at was when he proclaimed what a great recruiter Sean Miller is at Arizona. Is his Sarasota home under a rock?

Reaction Score
I didn’t mind him tonight. Maybe I gave him an unintentional pass because of all the great charity work he does and it’s his night to annoy us. The only part I scoffed at was when he proclaimed what a great recruiter Sean Miller is at Arizona. Is his Sarasota home under a rock?
Yeah he's Valvano guy so makes sense but not the midnight game, give him the early game so he can get to bed.

Yes, Dickie V Sean Miller a great recruiter that never wins but trys to with mucho dinero.

Reaction Score
I have never liked Dickie V and he always annoys me but I gave him a pass last night. The guy is 80 years old. Good for him to be doing what he does for basketball, ESPN and charity. They had him doing the late game to get more exposure to the V foundation which is why they were doing the whole event.

ETA - I did like the idea of a Hurley/Miller brothers 2 on 2 game for charity. I mean, c'mon, who on this board would not pay $$ to see that?

Reaction Score
Dickie V has never been a technically good announcer. But his passion and overall goodness have made him a fixture, and he'll remain one as long as he's able, so I would suggest you get over it.

As far as wanting to be out of a building by midnight, Billy Raf makes those comments in March all the time. Granted, it's because he wants to get to the bars before last call rather than go to bed, but they are the same comments.

Reaction Score
Dickie V has never been a technically good announcer. But his passion and overall goodness have made him a fixture, and he'll remain one as long as he's able, so I would suggest you get over it.

As far as wanting to be out of a building by midnight, Billy Raf makes those comments in March all the time. Granted, it's because he wants to get to the bars before last call rather than go to bed, but they are the same comments.
Comments were (mostly) in jest, I appreciate Dickie V passion...but bringing up the lateness of the hour about 5 or 6 times in closing minutes of a tight game is kind of annoying.

Imagine if he had the epic 2009 UConn / Cuse 6 OT game? "COME ON GUYS LET ME GO HOME BABY"

Reaction Score
Comments were (mostly) in jest, I appreciate Dickie V passion...but bringing up the lateness of the hour about 5 or 6 times in closing minutes of a tight game is kind of annoying.

Imagine if he had the epic 2009 UConn / Cuse 6 OT game? "COME ON GUYS LET ME GO HOME BABY"

Ugh. I was at MSG with my younger son that night celebrating his 18th birthday. I parked in a garage that closed at midnight. I left the Garden early in the second OT, telling my son I'd get the car and he should watch the end and then I'd pick him up. I sat in the car on 36th Street for a full hour listening on the car radio.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dick should point the blame where it belongs: ESPN (his employer); the officials for calling way too many rinky dink fouls and the coaches who extended the prior game rather than conceding to an obvious defeat. I agree it was too late. But blame the right people.

Reaction Score
Dick should point the blame where it belongs: ESPN (his employer); the officials for calling way too many rinky dink fouls and the coaches who extended the prior game rather than conceding to an obvious defeat. I agree it was too late. But blame the right people.

The right people are the NCAA and the schools, none of which give a damn about the experience of paying fans and are only worried about how much more they can make from TV if they let TV dictate terms. There is zero reason to play a doubleheader on a weeknight where the first game doesn't start until 7:00, knowing that the second game won't end before 11:30 at the absolute earliest. They could all tell ESPN we're not starting later than 6:30, and if that means you are paying less so be it.

But they never say that.

Reaction Score
BTW what was that brief Patino rant he had? Think he was advocating a BE team hire him. Ended real quick, so my guess he was told to shut that down...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The right people are the NCAA and the schools, none of which give a damn about the experience of paying fans and are only worried about how much more they can make from TV if they let TV dictate terms. There is zero reason to play a doubleheader on a weeknight where the first game doesn't start until 7:00, knowing that the second game won't end before 11:30 at the absolute earliest. They could all tell ESPN we're not starting later than 6:30, and if that means you are paying less so be it.

But they never say that.

I don't think the NCAA has much to do with it. The conferences and schools, yes, they focus on the TV money as you say, to the detriment of fans. It is true in all sports.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Do you think he went to sleep shouting "Akok!! Akok Akok!! Akok Akok!! Akok!!!!"

Reaction Score
BTW what was that brief Patino rant he had? Think he was advocating a BE team hire him. Ended real quick, so my guess he was told to shut that down...
I think he was talking about the New York Knickerbockers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom