Thank You | The Boneyard

Thank You

C

Chief00

It’s great having the squad back on campus and collectively getting better as one team. Chief would like to thank the many people, who worked hard to make this possible. Additionally, I would like to thank those in authority, who listened and were persuadable.

This is a tremendous step forward and is a great accomplishment for Coach Hurley. Our midwestern Big East opponents thought they had the edge on us - but Coach Hurley had a masterful chess move with a little help from his friends, which instantly changed the paradigm. This is what winners do.

#ChampionshipsFromSummerGrind

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
BF8A882C-2661-4730-9836-34D79C5ECC93.gif

Reaction Score
It’s great having the squad back on campus and collectively getting better as one team. Chief would like to thank the many people, who worked hard to make this possible. Additionally, I would like to thank those in authority, who listened and were persuadable.

This is a tremendous step forward and is a great accomplishment for Coach Hurley. Our midwestern Big East opponents thought they had the edge on us - but Coach Hurley had a masterful chess move with a little help from his friends, which instantly changed the paradigm. This is what winners do.

#ChampionshipsFromSummerGrind
Now who can argue with that? #ChiefBChiefin

C

Chief00

Ok, but there was already a plan when you were complaining about there not being a plan. Straight up fairy tales is what we’re getting on this Sunday morning.

Gee, my subject line was “Thank You”. Reading before reacting is generally helpful, so you can react to what is written.

True, a plan that needed fine tuning, final approval and a “pilot” label to get it over the finish line. I said “ a great accomplishment for Coach Hurley”.

I said, “ Chief would like to thank the many people who made it possible”. Also Chief said, “I would like to thank those in authority who listen and were persuadable.”

Chief was magnanimous nor did I attempt in any way to take credit for whatever I may or may not have contributed to the cause.

If you don’t believe there are people in CT just waiting for one positive test of someone asymptomatic or mild to torpedo what the team is trying to do you don’t know CT. Look at the incoming fire toward Chief about how parents would feel when we put their sons health/lives at risk. So while Chief graciously thanked everyone, the battle is far from over today. I will just leave it there.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I believe that. Absolutely. As someone that’s been through the wars: Ricky/Kirk tickets, Clyde Vaughn, Nate Miles, APR, not one dime back, etc - and most recently Boutnight. Chief has seen it all.

I hear they're watching you and trying to figure out how to stop you from implementing The Grind.

Reaction Score
I believe that. Absolutely. As someone that’s been through the wars: Ricky/Kirk tickets, Clyde Vaughn, Nate Miles, APR, not one dime back, etc - and most recently Boutnight. Chief has seen it all.
The Ricky/Kirk fiasco is still one of the most unbelievable acts the NCAA has committed, and they have committed several atrocities. I still get pissed remembering that. And there is a special breed of "fan' in Connecticut that just amazes me. Always looking for the negative.

C

Chief00

And there is a special breed of "fan' in Connecticut that just amazes me. Always looking for the negative.
So true. If you haven’t lived here through these wars, there is no way you can imagine it.

Reaction Score
Of all the stupid sh_it you say please do not compare any of this to wars

C

Chief00

Of all the stupid sh_it you say please do not compare any of this to wars

In this context “war” is a metaphor. I can’t believe I have to explain that but I obviously do. And this is exactly the type of thing I was referring to. I still remember the Women’s Center protestors terrifying and bullying the review board that was judging Nate Miles, a kid who basically lived in a house without a door. Chief was one of the few supporters there that ugly day. The only valid charge ever filed against Nate was violating a restraining order with a phone call. That was because he did not understand what one was so he called the other person involved. Thus, he violated it when he received it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In this context “war” is a metaphor. I can’t believe I have to explain that but I obviously do. And this is exactly the type of thing I was referring to. I still remember the Women’s Center protestors terrifying and bullying the review board that was judging Nate Miles, a kid who basically lived in a house without a door. Chief was one of the few supporters there that ugly day. The only valid charge ever filed against Nate was violating a restraining order with a phone call. That was because he did not understand what one was so he called the other person involved. Thus, he violated it when he received it.

Oh, you poor sensitive little flower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom